ATOM RPG - Video Review

Enjoyed my play-through and look forward to future additions and expansions.

Caution for the review, if it seems it's solid analysis skills, but it also seems include some significant spoilers, really more than it would need.

Never ran across a single quest or game ending bug in Atom unlike another game.:biggrin:
Started a play, for now, 3H slow play, quoted no obvious bug nor any glitches, in PK had already noticed 10 glitches, but probably no clear bug. :)

For now it seems good stuff but the beginning is very slow, a shovel and a weapon I cannot use, few ammo I cannot use, some water, a food can, some coins, one level up, and some trash after 3H. And I'll have to make a new round robin with all the NPC to try solve an investigation.

It's really small adventures, it smells the influence of survival games trend.

I heard the writing (and translation from Russian) leaves a lot to be desired. Curious on anyone's thoughts on that, as the writing in FO1/2 was excellent and that was a big part of my enjoyment of those games.

I heard the writing (and translation from Russian) leaves a lot to be desired. Curious on anyone's thoughts on that, as the writing in FO1/2 was excellent and that was a big part of my enjoyment of those games.

Nah, the writing is good, a few translation niggles here and there, but it's good. The game overall is quality, it's well-polished and smooth.

Nah, the writing is good, a few translation niggles here and there, but it's good. The game overall is quality, it's well-polished and smooth.
Second this the translation is good but still has the usual Russian to English cheesiness. That's one point in favor of Kingmaker it's translation was spotless. Not bugs though.:biggrin:

There's a focused effort on shortness, write anything with the minimal number of words, and try skip any fillers.

I'm still in second area of the game, so I haven't see much yet, but the writing is more a strong point of the game, more than some design details, and when ignoring English sentence perfection that I couldn't judge, at least it's very clear and easy to read, and the efforts on shortness are a real plus.

It's quite possible that this second area, first town, got more work on writing, but every single NPC has his own speech on multiple questions, there's a ton of rumors, and there's many short short stories that are often quite good.

There's humor since character creation, with some traits description quite fun, I noticed some more humor after but it's limited or somehow hidden, or just some light smiles. But ok it's no DOS, all those chat setup the lore and mood, give some hints, setup NPC personalities.

Back
Top Bottom