King's Bounty II - Announced for 2020

A slight misconception here. It wasn't the cloning that put people off, it was the fact that after the second game the developers changed from Katauri Interactive to 1C-Softclub. The third games had instability and bug issues that the first two games were renown for not having and the gameplay lacked the pacing and quality of the originals, knocking a lot of fans away from the series.
There's a slight misconception here, I can't enter in mind of other people and know what they think, so when I write it's about what I think, me, and you can't say better than me what I'm thinking. :)

Myself I never suffered of any bug but got bored quickly by any KB other than the first. And for developers change I never care, any developers can do crap, and no developer can guaranty make a good game, even less a great game.

I don't like the new art style nor the new "cinematic experience" focus they want to give this new iteration. I think the previous games had a very especial and charming look, this one just looks bland and generic.

And I'm especially alarmed by the lack of diversity in the environments and creatures shown. Mainly humans as part of a medieval army and medieval towns villages. Either this is representative of the final game, which would suck, or it is not and they suck promoting their game, because the first impression is appaling.

My expectations are set really low after these initial screenshots and trailer to be honest. Hope to be prooved wrong.

By the way someone up in the comments mentioned Ubisoft and the Heroes of Might and Magic series, and I agree with the paralelism. This is exactly what Ubi did to HOMM especially starting with H6 and the results were abismal (the franchise is forgotten and locked in a drawer somewhere in Ubi's facilities now).

There's a slight misconception here, I can't enter in mind of other people and know what they think, so when I write it's about what I think, me, and you can't say better than me what I'm thinking. :)

Myself I never suffered of any bug but got bored quickly by any KB other than the first. And for developers change I never care, any developers can do crap, and no developer can guaranty make a good game, even less a great game.

No, I can't disagree with your opinion, you are right, so thanks for clarifying it was just your opinion, because your original post, the one I was replying to, did not insinuate it was just your opinion:

But this series cloned itself a lot too much, it needs a major evolution to bring back the attention, and make it clear through different graphic style can help.

No it didn't, no it doesn't, and not necessarily.

However if this was 'just your opinion', then you would have said "I didn't enjoy the concept enough to play it beyond the first game, I, for one, like that it's switching up as it now appeals to me more".

One does not write "the world is flat" and then, after receiving a factual correction, claim "it was just my opinion"...

So at each post, you start with I think... Seriously stop the non sense.

Dark Side was lack-luster at best, from my perspective. Like others have stated, if they can capture the game play from the earlier releases, I'll likely pick this one up right at launch time.

For me, the level design in Dark Side was definitely the worst. Let's hope that was just a last attempt at milking the engine. I'm hopefull for a good KB 2.

One does not write "the world is flat" and then, after receiving a factual correction, claim "it was just my opinion"…
You don't seriously think logical argument or parsing the semantics is going to bring him around, do you? It's better just to let them have their little rants.

I played the heck out of the first game, everything after was too much of the same. A sequel has to have some major changes, or in addition to great gameplay have a decent story, to grab me.

Trailer kind off has me excited, didn't think KB 2 would, but then I did enjoy the first one.

You don't seriously think logical argument or parsing the semantics is going to bring him around, do you? It's better just to let them have their little rants.

Indeed, it's that classic case of some people want to talk to you where as others want to talk at you ;)

Back
Top Bottom