Searching for a game..

Anthrax

Traveler
I once played several years ago. It was nothing special, it was a mini-game sort of RPG. I've been looking for it for the sake of nostalgia (and they were under some serious site developments at the time I had played it, I'm hoping if I find it there's much more to the game now!) and I can't seem to find it. So I came here for some help.

The general info:
You were a pilot of some sort of mech/robot thing. You could buy better armor and weapons (I believe) to aid you in combat.
Travelling was done in a kind of area manner, where you'd go to a certain map which was say, 20x20 squares that you could walk. On this map you'd encounter random battles depending on if the zone was dangerous or not, or you'd be able to visit a shop, etc. To go to another area/map, you'd simply go to one of the edges of the map square, and press an arrow or something. It'd take you to the next area.
I recall one map had a dude with a caravan, and he sold pretty strong weapons/armor. The area north of him was a desert kind of zone with strong monsters, and above that was some even deadlier desert area.

Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it. I know this has to be around somewhere because there was a decent-sized community, which offered such things as game save files from other users, a large forum, etc. It was a third person game where you would move by clicking the mouse. I don't exactly recall how the combat system worked but I'm pretty sure it was turn-based, with your armor and weapon(s) indicating how much damage you received/did.

This was a free, single player RPG kind of mini-game with several hours of game-play in it. It was found online, a single player game for the PC. Help, anyone? <3

Edit: Update:
Smoother graphics; it definitely didn't resemble the graphics of 80's/90's games. It'd be the graphics of a mid 2000 flash game (pretty sure it was flash based), decently rounded objects.

I remember extremely distinctly one of the maps was a car junkyard of sorts with old cars and tires all over the place. You would weave your way through this almost maze-like area, and at the end of it was a boss to battle. People on the forum of this game had game saves for just before and after this fight for those who (could) actually beat the boss (it required a LOT of farming pre-fight for the appropriate level to kill this guy, as you were supposed to lose to him). Made it easier to gain that sense of accomplishment there, as the first two times I played it through the guy owned me.

Last edited:
Any time period attached to it?
The free thing excludes the titles I have in mind though.

Any time period attached to it?
The free thing excludes the titles I have in mind though.

Honestly, I'd say about 4-6 years ago. They may have been working at the time on a more extensive, payed version. I know they were in the process of releasing something much larger. What titles do you have in mind?

None that would fit the demand.

Reading the OP, I realized I was very off since I was led to include games Titans of Steel.

To me this rather sounds like some sort of Mech game.
Or a Warhammer thing ?

Not Mechcommander? That wasn't really free nor turn based. 1998 and had a community.

Nah, it was more recent that that. Like I said earlier, it was probably withing the last 6 years, and online. Was more of a minigame than a fully developed game, but it had a few hours of gaming in it.

Back
Top Bottom