Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A trailer on the eve of the Kickstarter for Knights of the Chalice 2: The Dark Arena.

See www.heroicfantasygames.com and www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

This is the main Kickstarter trailer for Knights of the Chalice 2 (KotC 2), a party-based RPG with turn-based combat and hand-drawn 2D graphics.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your heroic party confronts a group of evil fanatics allied with various demons and fiendish dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21. KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.
More information.

Well I can safely say the buttons still don't make me want to play this.

i really don't care about the buttons. It looks a labour of love.

I'm really excited after watching that. I can understand people not liking the tokens, although i thought they looked better in action than they did in the static photos. But everything else looks fantastic. The character sheet made me very happy! Then there were the dialogue sections where the PC had a dozen options, including class responses and asking companions for views etc. Then the footage of the editor, which looks pretty useful at first glance - presumably people can use different art styles if they don't like tokens. And finally Pierre himself, an earnest chap for whom this is obviously a long standing labour of love, talking about how much he loves D&D. Fabulous! Screw the graphics, I'm throwing my wallet at this.

What if Pierre decides to make this game Epic store exclusive? :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by you

What if Pierre decides to make this game Epic store exclusive? :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by you

Should this hsppen, we all know the answer :)

KotC was a masterpiece so I'm in. All the new classes and the editor look like nice improvements. I can live with the buttons if the gameplay is as good as the first.

Looks fantastic. Day one buy for me, for sure. I also love all the dialogue options and choices you get. I haven't seen an RPG with so much "stuff" to choose in dialogue ever like I've seen in that video.

It's nice all the niche fans (like myself) are willing to say "I can live with the buttons" on this niche gaming site for niche products.

But if Pierre wants to make enough money to make a third game one day, I wish he'd up his graphics game at least to the level of his last release 5 years ago.

KotC was a masterpiece so I'm in. All the new classes and the editor look like nice improvements. I can live with the buttons if the gameplay is as good as the first.

A very obscure masterpiece with no walkthrough published. It can't have been that enthralling if nobody wrote any guides. There's a whopping six reviews on metacritic with a not-so-great score of 7.7.

Yes I have played it. It was okay-ish.

I absolutely despise the new look. That looks even worse than spiderwebs new engine.

So torn on this game. I love me some turn based tactical RPG's including tabletop. My issue with this is it looks just like playing table top using tokens. Why not just play an actual table top then?

In a CRPG I need at least basic graphics with animations at least at the late 1980's level so not sure about this one. Guess I am somewhat of a graphics whore haha.

I think it's more appealing because it looks like tabletop. To me, it's pretty much on the same level as the Spiderweb games, except it appears to show a lot more information, quite clearly, at a glance.

Try to look past the tokens to that lovely list of available classes. :wideeyed:

The tokens keep growing on me. When I first saw them way back when I really didn't like them. But I've come around. I think they look much better in action then in static screen shots. I'll definitely be pledging

A very obscure masterpiece with no walkthrough published. It can't have been that enthralling if nobody wrote any guides. There's a whopping six reviews on metacritic with a not-so-great score of 7.7.

Yes I have played it. It was okay-ish.

Masterpiece if you loved the Slaver and Giant modules from TSR.

I cannot express enough just what a great game the first Knights of Chalice is. Truly, if you enjoy D&D style games and don't require superficial graphics to enjoy a game, you should really give it a try. Once it arrives on great old games and steam, it will be way easier to obtain, but it isn't exactly difficult to pick it up right now.

Back
Top Bottom