Consortium - Kickstarter V2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new Kickstarter for the first person RPG shooter Consortium has been launched again.
CONSORTIUM is a first-person story and character-based role-playing shooter set in an interactive world defined by your choices.
Rather than endlessly exploring a huge, expansive and ultimately static world, you’ll find yourself within a dynamic, bustling, interactive and alive micro-environment: the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D "ZENLIL."
The crew of Zenlil live their lives and do their jobs throughout the ship, reacting to your presence and actions where appropriate. Freely walk among them and speak to everyone you encounter, experience what it’s like to be a part of something much bigger and brighter than anything you could imagine – and then choose to help ensure it stays that way or work to tear it apart!
CONSORTIUM is a role-playing game in which you are able to role-play as yourself. You are you (as in you can speak as yourself, a man/woman from "our world") and you're being given the opportunity to physically control a man from a parallel world. This man is first day Consortium field agent Bishop Six, operative for a powerful peacekeeping force in a not-quite-utopia future of 2042.
How you choose to speak for, interpret and play this role is entirely up to you! Do you choose to role-play the Bishop and be what the Consortium want you to be? Or do you choose to forge your own path simply using his body and voice as your vessel for communicating with and exploring their world?
You have total control over the Bishop's inventory, medical state, and the state of all his weapons, armor and equipment. You can also customize his Battle Utility Suit with hard-point devices such as personal deflector shields and shock absorbers.
You must also manage and balance the Bishop's Utility Energy, with which he can power everything from medical nanites to energy weapons... as well as Storage Energy, which represents stored items such as armor, weapons and ammunition.
More information.

I remember me not backing the first project, but I really can't remember why.
I mean... It's not a smartphone game nor it's endless mobrespawn grinder.

In any case, this time I'm definetly in.

I don't like graphic it looks like zoomed UFO:Afterlight.That said game looks intriguing I can't pledge atm but I will definitively consider pledging until end of campaign.

The non-traditional setting (thank God is not generic fantasy!), the emphasis on NPC interaction, dialogues, replayability and their statement on the importance of music as a narrative tool is enough to make me pledge.

Last edited:
The benefit of restarting a Kickstarter seems to be a built-in momentum as the same people who pledged the last time are likely to do so again in short order. That and the opportunity to retool the message.

Good concept and setting. Honestly not sure how I feel about the breaking "the fourth wall" concept here. Points to them for being inventive and trying something new, but hesitant about how well it will work within the actual game. Will probably pledge at a lower tier, just because they're not doing the same-old, same-old.

I hope they succeed this time. There asking for less this time so hopefully nothing was downsized from there previous kickstarter.

I hope they succeed this time. There asking for less this time so hopefully nothing was downsized from there previous kickstarter.

There had been some content cut out if they reach goal from first campaign content will be restored.

They promise a lot here,I am not entirely sure they can deliver but I think this game really should get a chance.

This is the type of Kickstarter that I usaully pledge at the end. Looks like a good game but I'm not feeling it yet. Consortium . . . . CAN YOU MAKE ME FEEL IT . . . . .

People of RPGWatch:

For those of you that are science fiction and RPG fans, and you HAVEN'T pledged to support us to finish CONSORTIUM, then please….all I ask is that you watch our updates over the next two weeks. We have a ton more to reveal.

Today, we have a video taking a look at one of our non-lethal weapons, the Consortium Energy Assault Rifle

I would like to mention here as well that we have a Steam Greenlight page now…check out some screenshots and a concise list of features.

If you want to ask us any questions about this very unique RPG, feel free to ask us questions here!

This kickstarter has received 13 updates so far and it's looking good. 10 days left.

Back
Top Bottom