The Witcher 2 - Console Version Questions?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eurogamer is highlighting a conversation with CD Projekt's Tomasz Gop where he uses the term "potential" when asked about the console version:
Even if the console version does come to fruition, it's "not likely" to launch alongside the pillar PC game.
"All I can say for now is that it's not likely for any POTENTIAL [sic] console release to be simultaneous [with the PC game]," senior producer Tomasz Gop told Eurogamer this morning.
He then apologised for being able to offer only a "no comment" on the console game's current status.
I'm not sure a delay is the news Eurogamer believes. Our own copy of the original release PR does not mention a console version and an interview with GameSpot just prior to the original announcement back in April says "The Witcher 2 is currently planned for release in the early part of 2011 for the PC, and although CD Projekt Red is also interested in developing a console version of the game, other versions haven't been confirmed yet". Time will tell.
More information.

They failed to get the first one onto console despite trying - there's nothing to say that a console W2 would be easy, especially since W2 looks a little more demanding than the first one technically.

I'm glad they're still a "PC first" developer, but I hope they're able to release a successful console version as well.

Not *too* successful though. ;)

Agree with JDR. It's good to see they're staying true to the PC, rather than using one console as the lead platform (Usually the 360 IIRC).

I don't know if they should release on the console, though. It doesn't seem to me as something that would do particularly well.

Meh.

I recently played through the Witcher. Or almost through. I really liked it until about halfway through. Then it just got so repetitive. Playing on Normal it was really, really easy until near the very end fighting the sorcerer guy. Then it went from easy to frustrating. Not that it was more difficult, just frustrating. You get knocked down and become immobile while the guy kills you. That's it.

Maybe I'll finish it some day. Maybe, but I got bored and tired of getting frustrated by a game.

Cant stand console toys and how they are changing the way Developers are dumding down especially RPGs . Glad to see PC is top priority . No Ports for The Witcher 2 !!!

Could a current console even run it? It looks like a pretty taxing game.

Ps3 could certainly run it. The Ps3 limits haven't been reached by far. Only reason the games look similar to Xbox 360 is because most multi-platform games are developed on the Xbox, then ported to the Ps3.

Ps3 could certainly run it. The Ps3 limits haven't been reached by far. Only reason the games look similar to Xbox 360 is because most multi-platform games are developed on the Xbox, then ported to the Ps3.

Oh I completely agree, though it seems like some developers have a hard time with the hardware with PS3. I use an X360 and it hit it's limit back in late 2009.

Back
Top Bottom