Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts Review Roundup @ NMA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'd collected a couple of Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts reviews to post but NMA has those and more, so I'll link to them. Here are two opposing samples:
From Gamespy - 2/5
It's a storyline with promise, but various issues prevent the this expansion from fulfilling its potential. In particular, the bugs of New Vegas are still present, only when you consider the core game was released nearly eight months ago, they're unforgivable. You mean to tell me if I completed the "ED-E, My Love" side quest in the core game, I can't play Honest Hearts? Yes, this bug actually exists (at least, in the PC version). WTF, Bethesda and Obsidian? And various new bugs have chewed their way into the game's code and laid plenty of eggs, resulting in a frustrating, glitchy experience.
...and from GamingLives (no score):
Compared to Dead Money I found this DLC infinitely more fun and much more on par with some of the previous Fallout 3 DLC. Whilst lacking in depth and difficulty, you can't ignore that it has brought back one of the main elements to a Fallout game: exploration. 800 Microsoft points seems a worthy trade for an average playtime of five hours and although, other than the background environment, there isn't anything new on offer in terms of gameplay, the extra perks, new weapons and additional story relating to the Burned Man are not to be sniffed at - especially for a second playthrough or someone still mid-adventure in the Mojave. I found my playthrough a leisurely one; almost a break from the punishing Mojave environment, but more importantly an enjoyable one. A definite step in the right direction and hope has been restored for the two already announced future DLC content packs.
On a related note, Chris Avellone tweets he has just wrapped up writing for F:NV.
Today, I wrote the last line to be spoken by a Fallout New Vegas character, and can now rest and await armageddon.
More information.

Since when is choices and consequences considered a bug? The person that wrote the Gamespy article must only play dumbed down games that don't have choices and consequences.

Back
Top Bottom