Want a good laugh? Try this demo.

Why bother messing with Gothic 1 other than the FPS patch? If you play it for a few hours you adjust to the lower level of detail and stop noticing it anyway.

Concentrate on the crashes! Hardly bug free, especially late in the game.

Oh and the gamepad thing......... umm....... hmmm.................... no.

Concentrate on the crashes! Hardly bug free, especially late in the game.

Oh and the gamepad thing......... umm....... hmmm.................... no.

I think that differs greatly from one person to another depending on your setup. Crashes in Gothic were very rare for me.

*Edit* My only problem with Gothic is the invisible inventory bug that happens with ATI Radeon X19XX series and higher. Ever since I got my X1950XTX I can't see anything in my inventory, only the description of the item. This only happens in Gothic 1.

Last edited:
There are two texture patches available for Gothic (they are compatible with each other):

- Freddy's texture patch (the "old" one)
- ThielHater's texture patch (the new one that Gorath mentioned on the previous page)

Some screens and an embedded Flash vid of the latter patch can be found in this thread. Both patches are BETA and are apparently still being worked on and should be improved in future versions.

When people begin to long for remakes of old games just to make those look better, than this just a statement about today's games and their gameplay. The problem is not Gothic 1 not being remade, it's new games being not so interesting as Gothic 1.

And yes, the demo is really horrible. I couldn't even laugh about the bad qualitity, I was seriously shocked.

Last edited:
Well, games like Gothic1, Baldur's Gate 1+2, Neverwinter Nights have been cult among the rpg-lovers. Nowadays there are no games that you could really love with passion and dip into the atmosphere, no cult games, they just appear, you play them and forget about them. Probably that comes from the market satiation.

Ugh! Please don't mention NWN in the same sentence as Gothic or BG 1+2. The single player campaign in NWN 1 was not very good.

There are two texture patches available for Gothic (they are compatible with each other):

- Freddy's texture patch (the "old" one)
- ThielHater's texture patch (the new one that Gorath mentioned on the previous page)

Some screens and an embedded Flash vid of the latter patch can be found in this thread. Both patches are BETA and are apparently still being worked on and should be improved in future versions.
Small addendum:
ThielHater´s new patch is compatible to Freddy´s. You can install it on top, each package separately.

Back
Top Bottom