ATOM RPG - Dead City Trailer

Brought to you by the letter M!

Are you sure? That maybe looks like an O behind it. Psst, buddy, wanna buy an O?

I'm still waiting, as I prefer to enter a game when all the content is set and fully established. I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!

I played quite a bit of this, pretty decent game. Gives serious Fallout 1, type vibes. The translation isn't perfect, but not bad either.

I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!

yup.. i gave it a try, it seem good, but im gonna wait until it has all content + its completely patched, so probably a year more or something.

This and Insomnia: The Ark were both released way too soon. It seems like the devs are doing a great job though with patching and releasing new content on a regular basis.

Should be a great game when it's finished. Hopefully Insomnia will be as well.

The translation isn't perfect, but not bad either.
Good news is the English translation is being revamped, start to finish. Bad (?) news is they've promised a ton more content, the ultimate goal to be 3x that of the initial release.

I'm still waiting, as I prefer to enter a game when all the content is set and fully established. I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!

the game is done, however there will be an addon later this year.

the game is done, however there will be an addon later this year.

It's not done. I'm also glad i didn't listen in december last year when people here said "it's done, you should play now".

Lots of additions and tons of bug fixes since then that i wouldn't want to be without. So let me come back here in 2020 and give you a changelog from may 2019 - 2020 ;) I'm sure it will be quite extensive.

Also. Even when devs says "it's final" don't listen. It's usually not. I can list numerous games where devs said it's final. Battle Brothers even had a patch named "final version", dev said it was time to move on and do something else. It's been patched like 10 times since then + even had addons which they spent a lot of time with.

It's not done. I'm also glad i didn't listen in december last year when people here said "it's done, you should play now".

Lots of additions and tons of bug fixes since then that i wouldn't want to be without. So let me come back here in 2020 and give you a changelog from may 2019 - 2020 ;) I'm sure it will be quite extensive.

Also. Even when devs says "it's final" don't listen. It's usually not. I can list numerous games where devs said it's final. Battle Brothers even had a patch named "final version", dev said it was time to move on and do something else. It's been patched like 10 times since then + even had addons which they spent a lot of time with.

It is:

We would like to use this post mostly to thank you all for the motivation, unique ideas, kind words of praise and endless support. We told this to you multiple times now, yet these words never lost their sincerity and meaning for us: without you, there would be no game, especially of this magnitude. You, our dear players, are the ones who shaped it starting with Kickstarter and the Early Access versions.

This final version of the game is truly your achievement, as much as it is ours.

sure there might be more fixes but come on, you can wait forever if you want to.

sure there might be more fixes but come on, you can wait forever if you want to.

Of course there are many more patches to come. This is a very big patch with NEW, content which means tons of new bugs.

Now is the absolutely worst time to start a game i would say. Wait for at least 1 or two more patches. No you don't need to wait forever, for any game, there's a time when development is 100% "finished" (it's never finished, but devs must move on at some point), and that is not where this game is right now.

Dunno about december but I played the game cca a month or two ago and said go for it.
Waiting for Godot will only encourage other developers to waste time on irrelevance and stall sequels.

Sure, the masterplan "better AI" does sound awsome, but cmon. A RPG doesn't need to be Stockfish 9. Regardless what gets changed, Atom won't be.

It is:

We would like to use this post mostly to thank you all for the motivation, unique ideas, kind words of praise and endless support. We told this to you multiple times now, yet these words never lost their sincerity and meaning for us: without you, there would be no game, especially of this magnitude. You, our dear players, are the ones who shaped it starting with Kickstarter and the Early Access versions.

This final version of the game is truly your achievement, as much as it is ours.

I asked the developer directly last week about the rumor about tons of new content (not bug patches or game balancing) and he replied, "The rumors are true :)"

Also, this thread is about a trailer for new content that hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure how anyone can say the game is content complete…

The game was complete. Whatever they're adding now is basically an additional DLC that in a perfect world would be a part of ATOM RPG 2.

Dunno about december but I played the game cca a month or two ago and said go for it.
Waiting for Godot will only encourage other developers to waste time on irrelevance and stall sequels.

Sure, the masterplan "better AI" does sound awsome, but cmon. A RPG doesn't need to be Stockfish 9. Regardless what gets changed, Atom won't be.

No you said back in march (quote) "It's going to be no new content"
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42267

and since then quite a bit of new content has been added ;)

My advice: don't listen to people on rpgwatch when it comes to "it's done."

Of course there are many more patches to come. This is a very big patch with NEW, content which means tons of new bugs.

Now is the absolutely worst time to start a game i would say. Wait for at least 1 or two more patches. No you don't need to wait forever, for any game, there's a time when development is 100% "finished" (it's never finished, but devs must move on at some point), and that is not where this game is right now.

waiting is no problem ;-), metro and battle brothers is my game at the moment.

I asked the developer directly last week about the rumor about tons of new content (not bug patches or game balancing) and he replied, "The rumors are true :)"

Also, this thread is about a trailer for new content that hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure how anyone can say the game is content complete…

It is released.

Back
Top Bottom