What games are you playing now?

I've finally left the survival genre and jumped back into Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. I found this to be a slow-paced arpg, which seems contradictory. I haven't played it since 2014, so it should be fresh.

IN theory you will get the updated version which includes book 2 in a few years for free.

I've finally left the survival genre and jumped back into Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. I found this to be a slow-paced arpg, which seems contradictory. I haven't played it since 2014, so it should be fresh.

I'm a couple of hours into Avernum III with a barbarian, archer, priest and sorcerer. The opening section didn't grab me much, but as soon as I got to the surface I got hooked on exploring again. I can see I'm going to have many hours of fun with it.

IN theory you will get the updated version which includes book 2 in a few years for free.

I think it's due out sometime this year actually. However, I run out of steam on this one because the loot tables are so generic and samey. I probably have found 30 staffs for Evia and don't have a single piece of equipment for over half of her slots. This is after finishing all of the quests in Thole except the Steel Guild. For an action game, it is very low on interesting loot. This is a killer.

I picked up a trio of games during the winter sale with the strange title of Agarest. I started playing the first one and so far it is quite interesting. The story seems to be quite linear, although there are choices along the way that seem to heavily influence both your travels and whom you hook up with.

Yes, hook up with. Because at some point, which happened to me yesterday, you wind up playing a character that was generated by your prior protagonist and a companion. It sounds pretty silly to me even as I type it out here, but the combat is difficult, turn based, and rather enjoyable. I'm guessing I'll wind up playing a couple of my descendants before all is said and done.

Did she give you her quest when you asked for source training? She rebuffed me that I had nothing to offer. :(

She rebuffed me too, unfortunately. Maybe I failed a check there somewhere, can't recall...

I'm into the Black Pits now after winning both of the Driftwood Arena encounters.
Those two fights and a couple of random beatings of dubious magisters assisted me to gain the necessary xp to hit level 13. The skill hybridisation that occurs naturally through the progressive gear that you gain is pretty crazy in this game. I can't remember the last time I spent this long managing equipment and arranging skill-sets. Still good fun though, my tactics are slowly but surely deepening. I still haven't tried my new idea against Marg the troll yet. (venomous aura, contamination and shackles of pain x3...) :)

I started playing Tales of the Borderlands

I never played the Borderlands games but it didn't seem necessary to understand the game.

It's one of the telltale series and is really a fun light-hearted game.

I played through about two thirds of Legends of Eisenwald. I ended up stopping at the same point I stopped last time.

The game ends up being quite repetitive but it's an OK game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

started playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (bought it on a steam sale)…I don't know, it just seems like too much effort. Sneak, sneak, find a way around…I'm not in the mood for that, I just want to blow things up! But just started the Prague section and my augs etc are buggered, so I have to be more stealthy. Not in the mood at this point, should probably let it rest for awhile. Before that I finished a replay of DA:O + Awakening, which was fun.

Still playing Prey. Probably about 1/2 way done. I think it is really well done (think system shock 2 but much larger and more complex); but it has some balance issues which make it very hard (basically stealth is weak but most critters can one shot you even mid way). I think if they addressed the balance some it would be one of the best games this decade. Will say more when I finished (just got back into cargo hanger - which sets my position in the game; also I might be non optimal in my character build as i'm not reading build cheats).

She rebuffed me too, unfortunately. Maybe I failed a check there somewhere, can't recall…

I'm into the Black Pits now after winning both of the Driftwood Arena encounters.
Those two fights and a couple of random beatings of dubious magisters assisted me to gain the necessary xp to hit level 13. The skill hybridisation that occurs naturally through the progressive gear that you gain is pretty crazy in this game. I can't remember the last time I spent this long managing equipment and arranging skill-sets. Still good fun though, my tactics are slowly but surely deepening. I still haven't tried my new idea against Marg the troll yet. (venomous aura, contamination and shackles of pain x3…) :)
Larian has confirmed it's a known bug. The latest branch has it fixed…

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tail and decide to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor). ;)

Last edited:
What is a bug ?

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tale and decided to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor). ;)

Not really playing anything 'properly' at the mo. Been messing around with Arcania and NWN:EE

One of the first things I tried with NWN:EE was to point it at all my existing platinum edition mod and save folders... Worked straight off the bat with no further tweaking required. Has a few nice things (server browser is probably the biggest) but also a few things missing as some mod features from my 1.69 install don't translate. It works with ReShadeMe/SweetFX now too. Long way to go but can tell there'll be fun times ahead with this one.

Not really playing anything 'properly' at the mo. Been messing around with Arcania and NWN:EE

One of the first things I tried with NWN:EE was to point it at all my existing platinum edition mod and save folders… Worked straight off the bat with no further tweaking required. Has a few nice things (server browser is probably the biggest) but also a few things missing as some mod features from my 1.69 install don't translate. It works with ReShadeMe/SweetFX now too. Long way to go but can tell there'll be fun times ahead with this one.

I liked how the modders are already getting cracking with the improvements. Beamdog posted a screenshot on Twitter of early textures that the community is already making with I think Normalmapping? It looked really good.

I'm playing Bernd das Brot ("Bernd the Bread") and Thimbleweed Park These days. Both are very different adventures with very different tones. Meanwhile TP is very dark and filled with slight "Horror" themes, Bernd And The Impossibles is a really, really, really crazy and good-natured Thing. Too bad it got never translated, though, it's such fun ! :)
Here are the Advertising Videos for the Bernd game : https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061492900&postcount=1625

What bug ?

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tail and decide to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor). ;)

What bug ?

I believe he is talking about Hannag refusing to give his character a source point which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Hannag is only supposed to give you a source point if you have the pet pal talent, because she takes it from you.

She takes your pet pal ? I've played the game but for the like of me i don't remember this part.

I believe he is talking about Hannag refusing to give his character a source point which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Hannag is only supposed to give you a source point if you have the pet pal talent, because she takes it from you.

She takes your pet pal ? I've played the game but for the like of me i don't remember this part.

You lose it if you have it on your main character.

I stopped Shadows Heretic Kingdom and moved to Grim Dawn. I haven't played GD since it came out of beta, so I thought I'd roll up a character and explore. I like the Panetti spell and I play on normal. SHK is just too slow with not enough loot variety and drops.

Back
Top Bottom