Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Begins Shipping in NA

Something like that. They basically say the game itself would be okay if they got everything fixed.

The pun as 2nd headline is pretty mean.

Götterdämmerung = Dawn of the Gods (transl.)

"It dawns for the gods, and it slowly dawns on the editor: Gothic can no longer be saved."

It has to be said though that G3:FG has to pay for G3's high ratings in Germany. The mags want to prove they can be critical.

Dungeon Siege 2 had a similar problem. Everybody said it was far better than its boring predecessor, but it still got 5-10 points less on average.

"A mod that retains the flaws of the vanilla game" or is my school German even worse than I thought? :p

I cannot find this sentence in the test, Gorath linked to.

But the test says the game isn't good ... Too many "glitches".

No stability problems, though, according to the test.

Read the bugs page. He seems to list the same bugs/glitches as the original (pathfinding, stuttering, horrible loading times, and same stupid chest content are the ones I understood). Does he say much about the combat system?

I cannot find this sentence in the test, Gorath linked to.

But the test says the game isn't good ... Too many "glitches".

No stability problems, though, according to the test.

It was an attempt at a very loose translation of the text under Felix' photo on page 4, emitting the "it feels like" in the beginning:) Me reading German is too much of a guesswork:(

Last edited:
Déjà vu

12. What about bugs? What have you done to not to be Forsaken Gods a game full of bugs? Was it hard because of not-so-good Piranha Bytes' work on the main game as well?

Tackling all of the outstanding bugs is a major challenge, there are already so many bugs created from Gothic 3, that we felt we had all of those dumped on top of us, as well as bugs naturally created from development of the Add on. The scripting engine from PB creates a lot of bugs when it comes to developing content. As we became more comfortable with PB's work, we were able to avoid a lot of unnecessary problems. For Forsaken Gods we had sent the game into QA from First Playable milestone which ensured early reporting of bugs, we have tried to remove as many bugs possible and we will continue to work with the community in addressing issues after the game is released.

"we have tried to remove as many bugs possible and we will continue to work with the community in addressing issues after the game is released." So there is still much bugs out they already know about.

Well I dont care about bugs or gameplay the only thing I want from this game is a good story ,if the story is good Gothic is not dead

By the way, are you the author of G1 mods The Trial (Chapter 1) and VisiGothic? If so, let me say that I enjoyed them.:)

Yes, that was me - glad you enjoyed them :)

I seem to have been wrong about saying swapping drivers stopped the strange freezes... they are back this morning.

Latest news:

The release patch will probably go live late today. (CET)

At the budget price I'd actually be quite happy with more G3 gameplay, I got good mileage out of that game. I'll still wait for a patch or two to sort out scripting bugs though.

Latest news:

The release patch will probably go live late today. (CET)

Any idea where to search?

Surprise - it seems that the betatesters made their own community patch and released it before the official patch:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/index.php?go=showcomment&news_id=1248&_sid=
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&file_id=352

However, this patch promises, among other things, "Translation/empty text boxes fix" under point 14., so applying it on an English game version might probably result in a mixed English/German game. (One of the complaints was that the German game contains untranslated English sentences.)

Yes, that was me - glad you enjoyed them :)
Yes, I did. If you ever decide to continue G1 modding, you have my support. :)

Surprise - it seems that the betatesters made their own community patch and released it before the official patch:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/index.php?go=showcomment&news_id=1248&_sid=
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&file_id=352

However, this patch promises, among other things, "Translation/empty text boxes fix" under point 14., so applying it on an English game version might probably result in a mixed English/German game. (One of the complaints was that the German game contains untranslated English sentences.)
So this patch is for the German version or the English one?

Is this another bug-ridden piece of crap upon release like Gothic 3 was? That's what it's starting to sound like.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Gothic 3 a lot..... after 5 or 6 patches. I was just hoping that wasn't going to be necessary with Forsaken Gods.

There might be a good game in here. It is interesting exploring the old haunts and seeing the effect the new conflict has had. The sometimes clumsy dialog doesn't help, but the showstopper for me is the ridiculous freezes that I'm getting around cities. Maybe that will be patched - it doesn't happen in G3...

There might be a good game in here. It is interesting exploring the old haunts and seeing the effect the new conflict has had. The sometimes clumsy dialog doesn't help, but the showstopper for me is the ridiculous freezes that I'm getting around cities. Maybe that will be patched - it doesn't happen in G3...
LoL the game is more bugged than Gothic 3 vanilla I cant believe thats even possible.At least those Indians changed something.

Can you tell us more about the explorable area? Is it just the same map as Gothic 3 with changes to the landscape, or are there new locations as well?

Can you tell us more about the explorable area? Is it just the same map as Gothic 3 with changes to the landscape, or are there new locations as well?
I think its just Myrtana with some cities rebuild and some new buildings in other cities.No access to Nordmar,the desert and the unknown lands

Yes, as far as I've seen so far, the landscape has been tweaked to wall off the access points to Verant and Nordmar. I haven't looked at them all, so I don't know what happens if you try and swim to Verant for example. You start somewhere diffferent in Myrtana. There are army encampments in places to fit the new plot.

Official Patch Forsaken Gods ENGLISH Version released!

http://snorre.jowood.de/g3fsg/Setup_English.exe

The most important changes:

1. Some potential Main-quest blockers fixed
2. Pathfinding and quest issues fixed
3. Missing texts
4. Gameplay elements have been improved
5. Graphical and performance improvements (including stability issues)

Back
Top Bottom