Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Bloodline Reviews

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some reviews for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey DLC 'Bloodline'.

ExpansiveDLC 7/10

Bloodline continues immediately after the events of Shadow Heritage, more or less. It takes into account that you've probably been out doing Misthios things since Episode 2, like sailing your ship through uncharted waters and fighting an arena's worth of armed guards, then plonks you right back into the story with Darius, Natakas and Eagle Bearer Junior.

Something's different, though. Darius seems a bit hardened towards you, bemoaning your treatment of 'The Simple Life' and the way you've gone back to living life in the name of Drachmae. He tries to emphasize the importance of family, a thread which has played a significant role - for better and worse - throughout this DLC.
Destructoid 7/10

Yet, I was able to at least relate somewhat with the more emotional angle of Bloodline, centered around a very personal betrayal that beats the blanket focus on shadowy organizations and in recent years, Gods. There's a lot of exposition here: big-time talks with big-time players, and most of it is worth listening to. Bloodline just sticks the landing enough because it follows through with an actual conclusion and a short epilogue.
IGN 8/10

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Legacy of the First Blade: Bloodline delivers a heartfelt storm of emotional payoff, and a great punctuation mark on the three-part story. Though the gameplay continues the formula laid out in previous episodes, the new combat skill is a fun and useful addition. But the answers Bloodline delivers are a satisfying send off for the many characters introduced, and the Order of the Ancient itself, all while clarifying Assassin's Creed Odyssey's place in the overall lore more clearly than ever before.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

There is something wrong with the market if reviewers are spamming the audience by reviewing DLC and not games.
Just try to imagine what would a site look if they were reviewing every Sims or Train Simulator DLC.

Will Assassin's Creed never die and be gracefully buried? Wait there are hungry business sharks at Ubisoft.

Why would they bury it? They just release the 2 best games in the series imo.

The series is trending up.

The reason they're doing it is obvious and we're discussing it in Anthem topic.
Bioware.

There is an empty space for light RPGs at the market and Bioware is not making them any more. Okay they made ME4 "recently" but it wasn't quite what fans wanted (I did like it though).
Of course if Bioware "can't", someone else will jump on it and cash in.

Ass. Creed is that one? Fine by me. Would be fine by me if it was Doom or MGS or any previously nonRPG franchise. I need that stuff and I'm gonna buy.

Why would they bury it? They just release the 2 best games in the series imo.

The series is trending up.

Indeed, I'd tried several of the AC games over the years and none of them went past "eh" for me. Origins and Odyssey are a breath of fresh air. Sure they're not full fledged RPGs, but they're still a great deal of fun and actually have some meaningful choices.

Completely disappointed as they sold the game as a "your choice" action RPG thingy then comes the DLC and gives you a solid "fuck you" by making every single past DLC(parts one and two) choice not matter one bit. It's like the Mass Effect ending but with a single color to choose.

Back
Top Bottom