Wasteland 2 - Kickstarter Approved

A private party? That is all you get for 10K?? They need to spice that up for those heavy hitters out there. [Wish I had that kind of money to throw around!] People who can afford that kind of money probably expect an in-game character or something, which would be more attractive than some party I would think.

Edited - Oh, it looks like they also "erect a shrine in the game in your honor" So they do have something along the lines of what I said.

It would be easier for me to come up with $10k if I hadn't just spent $13k replacing the windows in my house. Ouch.

Like many other people I'm waffling between the $50 and $100 levels.

Someone just offered just 10.000 dollar.
Guess some people have to much money (or no life).

nevertheless, wasteland will be made for 99.9% certainty.

It is $200k+ for the first 8 hours.

I pledged $250, but I think $100 is the sweet spot.

I would like to get $1000 tier and have me as a NPC giving you guys a quest that would lead to your doom! :) muahahahha

but my wife said NO! well…

$10k for my shrine in the game, my statue and NPC … /sigh wistful thinking … I can just imagine faces of my friends wandering through Wasteland and finding statue with my name :) hahahha

I hoped they will achieve DF performance (400k in first 8h) but ... this is also good. As long as we get $1.5 mil it will be great

Last edited:
I'm no billionaire but I broke off 100 bucks just for the memories of WL1. If they can capture even a 10th of that game in the new one, we're all in for a treat!

-Carn

Quoting BuckGB at GameBanshe:
I really can't stress the importance of this campaign enough. Even if you're not convinced that Brian Fargo and team can pull it off, even if you're not a big fan of post-apocalyptic games, even if you know nothing about Wasteland and its history, this is about something bigger.

For as little as $15, you can send a message to publishers and developers that YES you still want party-based, isometric RPGs, that YES you still care about role-playing classics as much as or more than the latest shooter blockbuster, that YES you still want boxed versions of your games that include elaborate maps and thick instruction manuals, and that YES you're willing to embrace other mediums to gain access to these types of games if the traditional publishing routes aren't fulfilling your needs.

If you're tired of playing role-playing shooters, if you're tired of pressing buttons for something that's supposed to be awesome to happen, if you're tired of publishers scoffing at the prospect that the RPGs we grew up playing are not viable in the modern video game world, then tell them that they're wrong by kicking in $15 or more to Wasteland 2. Maybe, just maybe, it will help bring our favorite form of entertainment to new (and more traditional) heights in the future

Those of you who are used to saying "We'll never, ever get a game like [insert acclaimed RPG] again!", this is your chance to change that. I was sceptical to this project myself, but after having heard what Fargo has to say I really agree with BuckGB and have kicked in $250 for this project.

I will be in
but I have to decide how much?
we got a month to go

NOTE: as of 2:05 Tuesday they have 5,057 backers pledging $277,753.00

I made my decision -- in for $100. Now busy twisting the arm of a Mac-owning friend who is always complaining about how they don't make these kinds of games any more. He's reluctant to commit because of the risk they won't hit the $1.5 million threshold for making a MAC version. I told him to pledge anyhow and cancel later if things look to be heading in that direction. Money, meet mouth. It's time.

I'm in, though not for as much as all you rich guys. I'm just a working stiff with a pregnant wife. :p

Edit: Damn, in little more than two minutes, well after the pledges started, it has jumped by almost $15K.

There getting close to the half-way-point and are only about $25,000 away.

Back
Top Bottom