Mass Effect 3 - Earth MP DLC Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Earth multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3 has been released:
The fighting is fiercest when it’s your home at stake! Mass Effect 3: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon assault rifle. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer Soldier, Paladin Sentinel, Demolisher Engineer, Slayer Vanguard, Shadow Infiltrator, and Fury Adept! Each come complete with new and powerful abilities and melee attacks.
More information.

Anyone have any stats on just how many people are really playing this game multiplayer??

The MP crowd will surely rejoice.

while i almost never play multiplayer, bioshock 2 being the only other one i've played in my decades of pc gaming, i've being playing this on and off since release. hell in between my single player i even tried out secret world for a week and haven't gone back.

i really think some people are close minded period.
first off this is all free. sencond its team gameplay which is at times fun and challenging. also the maps and playable charcters are a wonderful experience. granted it would be nice if all of this were available in a single player experience. but in reality the squad aspect of the single player experience sucks compared to having actually people on your team. in many ways this is a coop experience with short 20 or so minute missions. one of the new characters actually lets you play as a cereberus phantom, more or less, which is the only new one i've tried.

as long they keep releasing content and having the every other weekend challenges i'll probably always keep coming back to this game as a standby when i just don't feel like any other game.

that said origin does suck and i'm no fan of ea.
the multiplayer is solid fun though and with different levels of play amongst other choices its a fairly level playing field

I doubt BioWare intended to keep this free. I suspect the plan was to lure people in with free MP DLC packs and then grow the thing into an ME MMO by stealth.

I'm just not supporting this MP for tactical reasons. There are tons of good MP games already, like BF3. I would rather BioWare just did what they do better than the rest - story (or at least used to do better, but then they do say hope dies last).

The DLC actually isn't "free". In order to get the DLC, one must first purchase ME3.

Meanwhile in other word twisted BioWare news, BioWare Austin Suffered a Second Round of Layoffs Yesterday (Blogs.bettor.com), said to be part of restructuring that began in May, ("Starting in May, there have been staff reductions in the BioWare Austin studio…"; BioWare spokesperson as quoted by Joystiq), although back in May, press releases referred to restructuring as a completed activity (“BioWare has restructured its studio in Austin today…"; source, IncGamers). It also seems that BioWare believes layoffs are the norm in the MMO industry, ("As with the launch of any MMO, the size and skillset of the teams needed to maintain the game is different than the ones that built it.", see Joystiq, above), even though as blogs.bettor.com points out this contradicts Senior Creative Director, James Ohlen's prior statement, "Unlike a lot of other game companies that, once they launch a game, downsize their teams radically, our plan is to keep the team together and continue to focus on building content.".

__

call of duty or battlefield games are of no interest to me single player or otherwise, throw in any tom clancy game to that list as well of games i will never play. personally i see no logic in person who likes a game and its unique setting but then refuses to try its different modes, coop, multiplayer, etc.

oh and you can play the multiplayer by yourself and for anyone with a little experience soloing the bronze levels are not too difficult and a fun time experimenting with the different characters.

The DLC actually isn't "free". In order to get the DLC, one must first purchase ME3. did you really make that statement? DLC in EVERY instance always requires a base game…

The DLC actually isn't "free". In order to get the DLC, one must first purchase ME3. did you really make that statement? DLC in EVERY instance always requires a base game…

Hmm, are you reading challenged (in addition to being capital letter challenged)? Yes, that's what I said, originally in black and white. If, as you imply, DLC is never "free", why then call it "free"?

__

call of duty or battlefield games are of no interest to me single player or otherwise, throw in any tom clancy game to that list as well of games i will never play. personally i see no logic in person who likes a game and its unique setting but then refuses to try its different modes, coop, multiplayer, etc.

So you will "never" play CoD, Battlefield, or Tom Clancy games because they are of no interest to you, but you see no logic in someone not trying a multiplayer DLC because it doesn't interest them.

Ok.

Anyone have any stats on just how many people are really playing this game multiplayer??
I don't have numbers, but I know I always manage to find players, on both Xbox and PC. I quite enjoy ME3's multiplayer, personally. I'm glad they've released these continuous free DLC packs for it to keep interest going, though they need to revise the terrible "trading card pack" system of unlocks they have in place. It makes it extremely annoying to unlock any of the new classes and weapons.

I've always been a single-player RPG guy, but there's something about ME3's co-op survival that I find fun. To each his own, I guess.

So you will "never" play CoD, Battlefield, or Tom Clancy games because they are of no interest to you, but you see no logic in someone not trying a multiplayer DLC because it doesn't interest them.

Ok.

i have no desire to play those games based on their views of war, etc. subject matter is completely diferent than a game mode so yes.
not ever buying a ford car is different than not buying a car with 4 wheel drive. while they both may be personal choices they are not even remotely related.
they both are opinions but trying the multiplayer is free to those owning the game. playing the different basically coop mode which is playable by yourself should interest anyone in mass effect which is basically like the dlc released for the first mass effect game that was a training ground. getting to play as an asari, vorcha, batarian, etc should interest anyone who like the combat aspect of mass effect. again i don't claim to not but stubborn or opinionated, but not at least trying the mass effect 3 multiplayer is closeminded and irrational if they enjoy the above listed elements.

by the way "Zamboni_King" is my player name and am always down for a few games most evenings.

Most MP games are either MMOs or combat-oriented.

There are almost no non-combat MP games out there anymore.

i have no desire to play those games based on their views of war, etc. subject matter is completely diferent than a game mode so yes.
not ever buying a ford car is different than not buying a car with 4 wheel drive. while they both may be personal choices they are not even remotely related.
they both are opinions but trying the multiplayer is free to those owning the game. playing the different basically coop mode which is playable by yourself should interest anyone in mass effect which is basically like the dlc released for the first mass effect game that was a training ground. getting to play as an asari, vorcha, batarian, etc should interest anyone who like the combat aspect of mass effect. again i don't claim to not but stubborn or opinionated, but not at least trying the mass effect 3 multiplayer is closeminded and irrational if they enjoy the above listed elements.

by the way "Zamboni_King" is my player name and am always down for a few games most evenings.

JDR13's point still stands. You just don't get it. Indeed, you keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.

What you're saying is you don't play certain games because those games don't meet your preferences (subject matter); but other people are acting without logic (your first characterization), and are "closeminded and irrational" (your current characterization) when they don't play games that don't meet their preferences (game play mode).

In sum: your preferences are logical, open minded, and rational; other people's preferences are illogical, "closeminded" and irrational.

Let me suggest something different. Humans, by their very nature, have differences from one another. Some differences are major; some are minor. It's those differences that make each of us unique. Diversity adds great value and beauty to humanity.

There is room in this world for all kinds of different people with different preferences. Preferences that are right for one are often not right for another, and vice versa. Neither is right; neither is wrong. Different people simply have different preferences.

__

Last edited:
unfortunately i'm not the one who started the downward spiral comments in the thread making quick comments based on little actual experience with the subject matter. for the record i have read tom clancy a long as time ago. however his stories, the genre, glorified war games that have no human error, etc. go against my personal beliefs so i don't play them. if you're really going to compare those kind of beliefs to "preferences" then it further cements the reality that interent conversations are 99% worthless. i state that people are being close minded because normally i am against multiplayer games and would rather have efforts be focused on single player. borderlands 1 & 2, dead island both feature co-op and i never used it. 99 % of the games i play are single player and even the ones with multi or co-op i rarely play multiplayer. so from coming from the perspective of this i think would make my opinion a bit more opinion than those who simply bash multiplayer, dlc, ea or whatever as rabid pavlovian responses.

as usual 95 % of my comments are either not addressed, listened to. i lament at why is it so hard for people to think/converse in non binary forms?

if i come as being "elitist" its not the intent, but its always a strugle to see such comments being railroaded and parroted on threads that every once in a while i bite and make a failed attempt at trying to interject a different take on things.

those who try and make a point, miss the point--every time - ariel pink

Look, you're entitled to your views and preferences. But others are also entitled to theirs. Although you apparently see your views on Tom Clancy as important and principled, you might want to consider that playing a Tom Clancy game hurts no one. Period. Indeed, some may find stronger views against war as a result of playing a Tom Clancy game. That's what free speech is all about. Get different views out there so that people can see them, examine them and look at them in the light.

Some people, btw, also want to make illegal, all video games that include violence in the subject matter of the game. Some believe that Mass Effect 3 is a very violent game of the type that harms society. They believe that they, not you, believe in important principles.

Your views on a Tom Clancy game are just that; your views on a Tom Clancy game. Nothing more, nothing less. You are entitled to those views. No problem. But other people are just as entitled to their views on multi-player, even if their views don't conform to yours.

You do understand, I hope, that what we're talking about here is how individuals choose to spend their own free time. It 's their time; their entertainment. It's their choice how they choose to spend that time and be entertained; it's not your right to decide how others spend their own entertainment time.
__

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom