The Ultimate Star Trek RPG

unless you're left as the communications officer it seems. Poor Uhura must have been the most bored actress ever.

she was. frequently her only line was "hailing frequencies open, captain" (although I distinctly remember her saying "Captain, I'm picking up signals" quite a bit, implying that gaseous anomaly was likely sentient), which Shatner would often try and convince the director to not bother shooting so he would get more screen time.

But I digress...

this is one cool game, and the kind of thing I was looking at examining during my multiple monitors kick. Makes me wish I was back at the University.

Seems kind of limited though as even the weapons officer points out he does just one thing/ I could see the comm officer actually being a lot more useful in an MP environment.

"Reboot" Uhura seems to be having lots more screentime and action.

Somebody want to explain why the PC version is $40, but the IOS one is $3? Not my favorite StarFleet ship look either. It's lack the "imposing look" all the Star Fleet ship have (doesn't have anything to do with size, they just look "imposing" to me).

We have a full crew. I will be playing this soon, yay.

The question is what position - I'm thinking I want to be weapons or helm, but it would also be cool to roleplay science and comm.

Also, I need to find good Trek uniforms. Kinda looking around on Amazon, and finding a lot but I dont want something cheese-grade, like a thin "costume". We need real, quality uniform grade shirts.

Can always not ever try, and just get easy and cheap t-shirts like this:
http://www.superherostuff.com/characters/others/star-trek-t-shirts.html

But then again, that's no fun. I'd really like to get a full-on Spock style classic first officer uniform grade shirt in this style. Kinda awesome looking, but I bet it's totally chintzy and wouldnt survive a couple washes. The insignia needs to be way better too:

http://www.buycostumes.com/Star-Tre...Deluxe-Adult-Costume/60286/ProductDetail.aspx

I'm going to have to hit the interwebz and quiz the Trekkies

Last edited:
You should go with cheese grade to capture the spirit better - just avoid cheap grade, unless its the ears. Or better, get some antennae.

I'm guessing the PC version is required to be the server where the iOS version is likely just an alternative console.

However, with the iOS version you can call someone from the bathroom to "beam me up".

Didnt take any pics, there wasnt much to look at since nobody had a uniform. Theyre harder to get a good one than you'd think. I cut a comm pin out of cardboard and covered it w/ tin foil, that was the only costuming.

The game was, as i predicted, awesome. It's pretty straightforward too, I was the only one who 'practiced' during the week, yet everyone who played was pretty much able to figure out their station enough to not fail too spectacularly. Yeah there were some pretty funny mistakes like warping into an asteroid, or right into the center of an enemy fleet, but overall we won 75% of the time

the only complaint is that it's fairly buggy. Practically everyone crashed at least once (some a couple times), and experienced a bug or two along the way. Still, it was worth the 40$ just for an evening of space bridge sim w/ a full crew. A lot of fun, and near zen-like experience for devout Trekkies

Support these guys, theyre great - Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator

Back
Top Bottom