Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some areas are larger, like some wilderness areas. They all vary in size.

Well, there's a bunch of people agreeing with this list and adding to it in the comments. I've been reading all the comments in the thread. These people don't appear to be haters. It's a board specifically for the game and it's not a huge community.

I'm not discounting your opinion either, just pointing out that the link I posted has more than one person's opinion. I've read a lot of stuff like this in other places, but I think this link is pretty balanced and not overly dramatic or angry.

Most of what I've said are facts, not opinions. :S

The game has crafting (via artisans).
The game merchant's inventory does change over time.
The game has 1 loading screen to get into Kingdom management if you access it the right way (aka not via the throne room unless you are already there for other things)
The game never crashed for me (which is kinda surprising because POE/POE2 crash a lot might I add).
The game use Pathfinder stats for monsters that get altered via difficulty settings.

For the record, getting your first artisan is part of the Kingdom management tutorial, so if someone put their Kingdom on auto before getting an artisan they didn't play much with the system before losing access to it.

Hotfix 4 (do not install yet on Windows there is a problem with it, Mac/Linux are fine, Windows should get a new version later today).

Someone is going to be happy with:
The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.

I'm in agreement with azarhal regarding *issues*, a lot of complaints seem to stem from ignorance imo.

And people on internet love jumping on a hate-wagon as much as a hype-train :)

I'm having a great time in this game so far, enjoying it alot more then pillars 2. Pillars 2 didn't grab me at all for some reason while this has me hooked. I must be a sucker for the dnd ruleset.

Is it just me or are the corgis running around, the cutest thing you have ever seen? I will just watch them for a few mins when they are in an area. :)

BTW this game is really growing on me and 30 hours in the bugs haven't been bad. Haven't been booted from game yet. I'm even starting to enjoy the kingdom manager.

Fluent, your attitude is so irritating, man!

For every game you love (pretty much 99% you play) you have to white knight about its endless qualities and perfection. You can't remove the rose tinted eyeglasses and make useful criticisms or point out negative aspects. It feels as if your liking something makes it perfect and gives you the right to spam how much you love every piece of it.

Granted, some time ago you were acting on a passive-agressive stance, which doesn't seem to happen anymore, and is a step in the right direction, but you keep flooding criticisms or negative regards with your sweet love. Stop it man, it kind of destroys some threads, in my opinion.

I love DnD and I'm keeping a close watch on this one, and I want to read some well balanced criticism here, but, having to power through your drooling over it is making me go elsewhere for info, which is a shame.

Fluent, your attitude is so irritating, man!

For every game you love (pretty much 99% you play) you have to white knight about its endless qualities and perfection. You can't remove the rose tinted eyeglasses and make useful criticisms or point out negative aspects. It feels as if your liking something makes it perfect and gives you the right to spam how much you love every piece of it.

Granted, some time ago you were acting on a passive-agressive stance, which doesn't seem to happen anymore, and is a step in the right direction, but you keep flooding criticisms or negative regards with your sweet love. Stop it man, it kind of destroys some threads, in my opinion.

I love DnD and I'm keeping a close watch on this one, and I want to read some well balanced criticism here, but, having to power through your drooling over it is making me go elsewhere for info, which is a shame.

I'm just excited bro. The game is everything I wanted and then some. There are no real negative aspects. Unless you want to talk about the 3 typos I've seen in the text, or a long loading screen into and out of the throne room? What I don't understand is the waiting approach. What are you waiting for? If you truly love DnD then this game is a *no-brainer*! Period! And if my excitement about that annoys you, I can't help that. Go read some of the positive reviews on Steam and they're all saying the same things that I, @azarhal; and @purpleblob; are. Best CRPG since Baldur's Gate 2!

I like sharing my excitement for something when I'm into it and that's what I do. I'm no longer a moderator or team member so maybe you can just click ignore on my posts and forget I exist. :)

The game is excellent if you want a Pathfinder ruleset, and I've had more fun with it than anything I can recall in recent history; BUT - it is ridden with bugs. Lots of them. I'm currently unable to advance any further in Chapter 4 because Armag's Tomb isn't appearing on the map where it should and no events are popping up in Kingdom management to make it happen. This is also a time-sensitive quest, so it not showing up basically means it's game-over for me until the developers release a fix.

It's fine to be excited about the game - I don't have any issues with the difficulty, for example; I mean, it works as expected for a tabletop Pathfinder ported-to-PC game as far as I'm concerned (knowing Pathfinder rules helps a LOT, going in blind would be difficult) - but the bugs have kinda killed the enjoyment for me at this moment. To deny that the game has bugs is just insane; even the developers admit that the game needs a LOT of work. They're apparently working on a major patch; I'd recommend people wait until the game is patched more until they purchase it, lest you end up with 53 hours played in chapter 4 like I am and be unable to advance further. :D

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I'd rather not ignore you as I don't ignore anyone here. What's more, I think you have valid inputs and insights, but I think they should be better tempered, lest your excitement muddle what's real and what's not about your opinions. A lot of people are talking about the plethora of bugs for example, and that's super important to know, as some of them seem game breaking. That leads potential buyers to a wait for patches behavior.

I'm just excited bro. The game is everything I wanted and then some. There are no real negative aspects. Unless you want to talk about the 3 typos I've seen in the text, or a long loading screen into and out of the throne room? What I don't understand is the waiting approach. What are you waiting for? If you truly love DnD then this game is a *no-brainer*! Period! And if my excitement about that annoys you, I can't help that. Go read some of the positive reviews on Steam and they're all saying the same things that I, @azarhal; and @purpleblob; are. Best CRPG since Baldur's Gate 2!

I like sharing my excitement for something when I'm into it and that's what I do. I'm no longer a moderator or team member so maybe you can just click ignore on my posts and forget I exist. :)

I'm not sure about chapter one or two or whatever, but I really enjoyed the battle against the were-tiger, the troll, the shambling mound and the blue skull thingie. The latter has been the toughest fight in the game for me, outside of taking out the Stag Lord and his bandits.

P.S. I've played Chapter 1 three times now. I generally love low-level AD&D and hate it past level 10 or so.

My favorite skill is perception. I try to get it over 20 ASAP. This opens up a lot of sections on the map.

I'd rather not ignore you as I don't ignore anyone here. What's more, I think you have valid inputs and insights, but I think they should be better tempered, lest your excitement muddle what's real and what's not about your opinions. A lot of people are talking about the plethora of bugs for example, and that's super important to know, as some of them seem game breaking. That leads potential buyers to a wait for patches behavior.

Well I'd be happy to talk about them if I had them in my game. So far the bugs have been minor or non-existent. Amiri duplicated herself for a time in my kingdom and when I exited the map her double was gone. I mean, maybe I'm lucky or just haven't made it as far as others in the game (only in Act II, but played 75 hours or so according to Steam), but bugs have been pretty much non-existent in my playthrough so far (fingers crossed!)

The game is excellent if you want a Pathfinder ruleset, and I've had more fun with it than anything I can recall in recent history; BUT - it is ridden with bugs. Lots of them. I'm currently unable to advance any further in Chapter 4 because Armag's Tomb isn't appearing on the map where it should and no events are popping up in Kingdom management to make it happen. This is also a time-sensitive quest, so it not showing up basically means it's game-over for me until the developers release a fix.

It's fine to be excited about the game - I don't have any issues with the difficulty, for example; I mean, it works as expected for a tabletop Pathfinder ported-to-PC game as far as I'm concerned (knowing Pathfinder rules helps a LOT, going in blind would be difficult) - but the bugs have kinda killed the enjoyment for me at this moment. To deny that the game has bugs is just insane; even the developers admit that the game needs a LOT of work. They're apparently working on a major patch; I'd recommend people wait until the game is patched more until they purchase it, lest you end up with 53 hours played in chapter 4 like I am and be unable to advance further. :D

Yes, I hear the later chapters are still very buggy. Chapter 3 and 4 have some game breaking bugs. That's why I have been messing around with the first 2 chapters and I also enjoy lower lvl D&D more. I would say lvl 4-7 is my sweet spot.

I usually make my own companions but the ones in Kingmaker are pretty good. I have a hard time choosing a party for missions because they all have their uses. I just found the ranger and I'm trying to decide who to kick from the party.

I've got Amiri and Valerie and Tristian, but I replaced Linzi, Harrim, Ugly Orc, and gimped wizard with a sorcerer and pure wizard. The sorcerer will go Dragon Disciple at level 6. I freed the undead chick but she must have bugged out. She has never shown up at Oleg's. I use custom portraits on my toon and the hirelings.

So, for most battles I keep Valerie as tank just slightly in front of Amiri and Smilodon as DPS. My inquisitor stands close enough to flank and I bring in Tristian and the Elven Wizard to flank also, once I know we're not going to get adds. The sorcerer just uses a bow and spells to gank the ranged enemies.

P.S. I really don't do party-based games normally, but I'm enjoying this still. I will probably get bored once I own a kingdom. I really love maps like the Stag Lord's fort and the Sycamore area. The tiny maps are mostly dull but they go fast. I wish there was a faster way to walk. Nothing more boring than walking a cleared map.

Is it just me or are the corgis running around, the cutest thing you have ever seen? I will just watch them for a few mins when they are in an area. :)

It is the cutest thing!!! There's one in my throne room, running around near the entrance <3 the detail put into this game is amazing. There are ducks, rabbits, etc running around in the wild, even dragonflies near the ponds!! Btw did anyone get owlcat pet? I got red panda instead but want owlcat instead, it's really cute!!!

I've got Amiri and Valerie and Tristian, but I replaced Linzi, Harrim, Ugly Orc, and gimped wizard with a sorcerer and pure wizard. The sorcerer will go Dragon Disciple at level 6. I freed the undead chick but she must have bugged out. She has never shown up at Oleg's. I use custom portraits on my toon and the hirelings.

So, for most battles I keep Valerie as tank just slightly in front of Amiri and Smilodon as DPS. My inquisitor stands close enough to flank and I bring in Tristian and the Elven Wizard to flank also, once I know we're not going to get adds. The sorcerer just uses a bow and spells to gank the ranged enemies.

Who's the gimped wizard? Octavia? And yes, Stag Lord fortress fight is fun :D

Finally, a game that i have to organize and think what spells i should prepare from my last rest. Checking spell durations and positioning. It's like Baldur's gate again.
Casting hold person on the damn wizard just before throwing a fireball at my team and failing his saving throw!
Just hoping for a good story and some interesting party members. Not yet impressed.
I would also like some visuals more to my liking. More mature and dark(if someone would ask me what i don't like).
Finally, i think the time that games used to be delivered polished and finished is over.

I'm thankful that the game isn't dark. It's just what I needed after PoE and many other games being so grim. There's still dark things in the world and some quite disturbing evildoers. But I'm getting sick of the dark and gritty atmosphere and am glad this takes a lighter tone. It's similar to Baldur's Gate IMO, maybe a little cheerier.

Do you get corgis when you become queen?

Queens-Corgis.png

Back
Top Bottom