Precursors - Trailer @ VoodooExtreme

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A trailer for Deep Shadows' Precursors is available at VoodooExtreme showing off space navigation and combat, ground combat (complete with an amusing shrink-ray) and lots of different vehicles traversing rather generic terrain. No sign of the RPG features, unfortunately.
More information.

I like the idea and I have a bit of good will towards them from Boiling Point but this looked really generic to me - especially all the different vehicles and the terrain. It could easily just be the way they cut together this trailer but it didn't do much for me at all.

I like the idea and I have a bit of good will towards them from Boiling Point but this looked really generic to me - especially all the different vehicles and the terrain. It could easily just be the way they cut together this trailer but it didn't do much for me at all.

Really? I though Boiling Point was awful, it was ambitious but the execution failed miserably. I think Precursors looks really good from what I've seen so far, but I guess only time will tell.

Yeah, it's a shame they don't show more of the rpg features. The new perk system has alot of potential for rpg-ness: missions linked to perks or completing them in different ways but when you have 200+ missions you just know there will be a fair few generic ones in there. Also, i bet there won't be any dialogue perk (aside from bartering) which i think is always a wasted opportunity.

Still, i think it's looking like a marked improvement on BP and if nothing else it's nice to have an alternative to clicking hoards of monsters.

Also, you never know the space bit might actually be good! ;)

Back
Top Bottom