Drox Operative - Released!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Soldak announces their space-y action/RPG Drox Operative has left beta and is now available:
Dallas, Texas, November 29, 2012 - Soldak Entertainment today announced the availability of Drox Operative.

Drox Operative is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Mac.

Drox Operative can be purchased at:
http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Buy.html

Or try the demo at:
http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/demo.html

Eons ago the Drox ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost necessary. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox built a starlane system for quick travel amongst the stars, colonized and conquered millions of planets, and ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operatives were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was devastating.

Thousands of years later, the Drox are extinct, but the secretive Drox Operative guild lives on. They have learned their lesson though: loyalty to any one race is foolish. They now work for whoever can pay. And pay they do! Empires might span hundreds of planets and thousands of ships, but when a critical task arises, they still turn to an Operative.

In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.

As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!

Features:

Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer

You can go to http://www.soldak.com for more information about Drox Operative and Soldak Entertainment.
More information.

I should really try the demo. What does the watch think about this one? Although I found Depths of Peril extremely stressful (dynamic world, many things to watch and manage) I thought it was a really innovative title.

I should really try the demo. What does the watch think about this one? Although I found Depths of Peril extremely stressful (dynamic world, many things to watch and manage) I thought it was a really innovative title.

I'd love to hear from someone here about the game.

If he ever makes a pure crpg I'll buy. I'm just not into procedural stuff and I could care less about building up a base or having tactics above a small party. I've never been tempted to even try a Soldak game yet, but then again I play crpgs. Deus Ex is about as far away as I go.

I played demo a bit and I have mixed felling for short time I spent with(IDK how long demo is I played it little do to lack of time and other more interesting games installed).
Lack of skills/perks on level up is big flaw for me(skills are gained on different parts),on other hand equipment system i pretty nice somewhat different than other RPGs and similar themed games like Space rangers.Combat have decent felling to it and dynamic even system is improved since Din's curse.I will probably get this one of these days.Also there are few watch members that played it in beta so I hope that they can share their impressions before I buy this.

If he ever makes a pure crpg I'll buy. I'm just not into procedural stuff and I could care less about building up a base or having tactics above a small party. I've never been tempted to even try a Soldak game yet, but then again I play crpgs. Deus Ex is about as far away as I go.

Why so rigid?

I played a few rounds of the beta; at first it was interesting but after a while it became very repetitive. The complete game might be better i'll probalby give it a try when I'm done with a few other games; but at the end of hte day I expect it to be very repetitive without much story - think far cry 2.

Back
Top Bottom