About to fire Baldurs Gate EE, any good mod recommendations?

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
My fellow watchers, which are the best mods for it?
Something that stays close to the original as possible and is guaranteed to work without hitch.

Is this your first time playing Baldur's Gate? o_O

If so, I would honestly recommend you play without any mods. Just to get that total "true first experience" thing going. :p

I don't know any mods to recommend anyway. Never looked for any! :D

Is this your first time playing Baldur's Gate? o_O

Eh, Fluent, who do you take me for? :p

Actually, I ended up toying with a few mods, tweaking a class from Refinements mod.

Sword Angel:

A pure-hearted fighter, capable of transcending his martial training thanks to an unequaled spiritual strength. It is fabled that two warriors of such virtue never lived in the same historical time! Although not servants of any deity, these noble combatants reunite the spirit of self sacrifice of a paladin, the martial focus of a kensai, and the mystical pulsion of a monk. Their training is aimed to develop discipline and body-control: Sword Angels don't learn treacherous moves to kill or cripple their opponents. They fight with honour and clear souls, and avoid violence when they can.

Requirements:
- Must be Human or Half Elf.
- May only be of Neutral Good
alignment.

Advantages:

- +1 to hit and damage at 1th, 5th, 10th, 20th and 30th level.

- +1 bonus to speed factor at 2th, 6th, 10th, 15th and 25th level.

Abilities:
- May use 'Ki Strike' once per day starting at level 3. All attacks made by Sword Angel in the next round deal maximum damage and force the target to save or be stunned. He gains additional every five levels, maxed at lvl 23.
- May use "Defensive Harmony" once per day starting at level 4. This ability lasts 5 rounds, granting bonus +1 to AC for every two levels of experience( at maximum of -10), while preventing any movement during the first ten seconds. He gains additional use for every five levels afterwards, with maximum of five uses per day.
- May use 'Ki Force' once per day, starting at level 5. Through this ability Sword Angel channels his Ki through his weapon, causing 5d8 damage to the target and pushing it backwards, as well as rendering it unconscious if it fails save vs. breath ( at -2 penalty). He gains additional use every five levels, maxed at level 25.
- May use 'Spiritual Integrity', starting at level 6 and every five levels afterwards ( with maximum of five uses per day). This state grants immunity to mind affecting spells, level drain, +2 to all saves and +25% resistance to elements. Sword Angel can also automatically see through any illusions and sense intentions of all nearby creatures. Such empathic connection comes with a price however, as Sword Angel will also be harmed if he inflicts any damage.
- May Use 'Disruptive Ki' ability, starting at level 7 and every five levels afterwards ( maxed at 27th). When using this ability all attacks made by Sword Angel in the next round will remove the target's Specific Protection (save vs. spell at -2) and one Magical Protection up to 8th level (no save). Target must also save vs. breath to avoid losing all Physical Protections. Creatures hit must also save vs. death at -4, or their Magic Resistance will be reduced by 20% for 6 rounds. This effect is cumulative. Disruptive Ki always removes the strongest Protection spell from the target.

Disadvantages:

- May not use any armor, shields and helmets.
- May not use missile, poisoned or other vile weapons.
- May surpass 'proficient' level only in blades
- May not become proficient in Dual Wielding Style.
- May not dual class.

Back
Top Bottom