Age of Decadence - Release Date Comments

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A 2008 release for The Age of Decadence is still possible according to Vince at the official forums - but the obvious subtext is that it's unlikely:
The progress we've made is in front of you. It should be clear that we *are*getting closer to the release, that it took a lot of work, years of work, to get where we are today, and that all that time wasn't wasted.

I'm not promising anything here. We'll take as much time as we need, but I can't estimate it due to the part-time nature of the project. Can AoD be released in 2008? Yes. IF everything goes smoothly. If everyone is able to spend at least 4-5 hours a day for the next 4 months. If these are quality, uninterrupted hours (vs "I'm tired and can't think straight" hours"). If everything works as intended and doesn't require adjustments. If we don't have spend time changing things. Females look much better now, thanks to you guys, but that was 10 days of work.

Again, keep in mind that it's a part-time project. I'm not making excuses here, just explaining that our development year is at best 4-5 months of a full-time year.

I'm not making any "release date" comments or promises. Current status: "in development". That's all I can tell you. We'll do our best to entertain you on our forums while you're waiting.
Thanks.
More information.

I most definitely concur with thr above: Some things are worth waiting for...hm...perhaps that's from a Southern Comfort Ad? sounds familiar. I have immense respect for this kind of indie project, and being a programmer type myself I appreciate how even that part of the process can be huge - then you have the design process/story, asset generation etc. What I have seen so far has left very keen - but I have others things to fill mytime until AoD arrives - keep up thr good work guys!

I would suggest getting someone to go over the grammer problems in some of the text they had.

Some time back i read (by Gorath i think) that the strategy involved with the timing of some games releases can be crucial if not critical - the impact of a release can somehow be either elevated or conversely kicked into the gutter simply by getting the release date wrong?

Now i'm no expert and can only listen to comments from people "in the know" of such marketing strategies.

If say, through bad timing the release of a potentially good game is swamped by whipped-up media coverage of another potential (or rival) game, one can effectively 'out-do' the other - almost like a game of chess.

I suspect there's a lot more to game release strategies than meets the eye, though with the uniqueness of AoD i somehow can't see any competitive problem apart from the normal expectations of bug free polishing.

I love this type of Turn based game and hope the reviews are enough to sway me to buy AoD, from what i can see, i think it will turn a few heads.

Regards. :beer:

Some time back i read (by Gorath i think) that the strategy involved with the timing of some games releases can be crucial if not critical - the impact of a release can somehow be either elevated or conversely kicked into the gutter simply by getting the release date wrong?

True, but I'm not sure how much that impacts independent games. They kind of operate on a separate tier.

Though a Christmas release for an independent game would probably be a bad idea. Otherwise it's just open season.

It is looking better and better, but does anyone (who follows their website) know if they managed to get in-game sound in? The lack of them is what struck me the most from the vids I watched.

Sound is the last thing Iron Tower Studio will be doing before they release the game.

As Guest said, I don't think it's in yet, but it will be before they release the game.

Back
Top Bottom