Chucklefish Games - Magic School RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Chucklefish Games have not come up with a name for their Magic School RPG yet but have revealed some details about it to PCGamer.

New details and screens from Stardew Valley publisher's magic school RPG

Potion making, Ghibli influences and why Chucklefish hasn't called its new game Spellbound (yet).

The response to this teaser of Chucklefish's magic school-themed RPG/sim was huge, but not a total surprise. In Starbound, the upcoming Wargroove and Stardew Valley (which it published, with the game developed by Eric Barone), players have shown that they have a strong affinity for these warm, brighter art styles in their PC games.

As early in development as this magic school game is-Chucklefish hasn't officially announced it yet, or given it a title-the idea of the game captured people's imaginations, given the popularity of magic school-set fiction like Little Witch Academia and Harry Potter.

Here, I ask Chucklefish about the kind of systems we can expect to see in the game, whether Little Witch Academia is an influence on its world and more. You'll read responses from Finn Brice, CEO of Chucklefish and the game's lead designer, Rosie Ball, designer, and artists Abi Cooke Hunt and Adam Riches. There's also a couple of new screens here for more of an early look at the game's art style.

[...]
More information.

and why Chucklefish hasn't called its new game Spellbound (yet).

There's only one Spellbound! >:O

1484097-spellbound_01.gif

These look like RPG Maker games, including Stardew Valley. Are these superior in some way? I'd feel like I was 6 if I played one of these.

These look like RPG Maker games, including Stardew Valley. Are these superior in some way? I'd feel like I was 6 if I played one of these.

They don't look like rpg maker games...and well, stardew vallwey is fun and just published by chucklefish made by one guy. Good game.

players have shown that they have a strong affinity for these warm, brighter art styles in their PC games.

Well, at least those who don't like it "heavy metal style". ;)

Stardew Valley does look RPGmaker but it is not at all - the code was built from scratch by it's developer.
Buy, play. Hint: flowers are sometimes a better gift than expensive stuff.

But I'm seriously not sure what's with everyone. Posted already that Stardew Valley is simplified Sims 3+World Adventures expansion. If you liked one, you'll love another even more.
Forget chatty about some Nintendo gameboy Sims ripoff farming game everyone is talking about and I cannot remember it's stupid title already, it's pushed by PR so EA doesn't sue Chucklefish. Stardew Valley is not just farming, exactly like Sims 3/WA.

Where to buy Sims 3 and World Adventures for cheap today, dunno. Often you may find them on some sale for cca 5 bucks each and 10 bucks for both is a steal.

Well, at least those who don't like it "heavy metal style". ;)
I adore "heavy metal style", but that doesn't mean I didn't spend more than 100 hours on Stardew Valley and loved it. :p

On topic, I refuse to buy kids attending a magic school game, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom