VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 has been announced and will be developed by Hardsuit Labs with story by Brian Mitsoda. The game is targeting a Q1 2020 release on PC and Consoles.

Sired in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites the war for Seattle's blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions.

♞Become the Ultimate Vampire Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.

♝Descend into Seattle's Dark Heart and Survive the Vampire Elite Seattle has always been run by vampires. Hunt your prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city's birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.

♚Enter into Uneasy Alliances Choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle's blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember no one's hands stay clean forever.

♛Experience the Story Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade(R) - Bloodlines(tm) 2 brings the ambitions of the first game to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.
Thanks Gabriel!

More information.

I preordered it right away, before it will be Epic store exclusive. :p

Chris Avellone was also working on it to some capacity. It's being written by Brian Mitsoda

I hope is good, I hope is good, I hope is at least half as good as the first one :D
And no , I'm not talking about bugs that the community fixed, I'm talking about game-play and story-line and choices that matter like in no other game.

Chris Avellone was also working on it to some capacity. It's being written by Brian Mitsoda

I'll take Mitsoda over Avellone every day and twice on Sunday.

Good news all around here: the original lead writer penning a single-player sequel with nary a mention of co-op or MMO or anything crazy like that. I should buy a lottery ticket.

“It was very of its time,” Ellison said of the first game. “It approached certain topics differently. How we look at stuff has matured since then.”
“It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”
“We talk about these issues constantly,” Ellison added. “Because we care about including people, we want them to feel powerful and sexy, and we don’t want them to feel like it’s not for them.”

So we can probably expect ""sexy"" pink haired, overweight female vampires with noserings, and of course, the male counterpart will still be the super sexy kind (anything else would not make any kind of sense to these people..)

I couldn't perhaps really care less about looks or sexual orientations, but by the sound of it they are limiting themselves in numerous ways to not "offend". It just doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. You can't create games or movies like that, worrying about it like there's no tomorrow "we speak about it constantly!". I hope i'm wrong though, but when they go out and explicitly state that it's "a political game" and they're gonna be sure to show us what THEY think is right and wrong politically, then it's probably a cause for concern.

Am I the only one who isn't overly excited with this announcement? :) I'm hoping it will turn out to be an excellent game but right now my reaction is "Oh. Cool, I guess?"

You know, that video had no gameplay and there's like hardly any info out on this :lol:

They may describe that as "please, No-SWJ campaign, we are nice" but actually that is what Bloodline lore books have always been: So many clans than anyone can find something. And the Vampires Stocker-like are really just a fraction of the whole..

Played first one upon release. Liked it enough to overlook huge amount of bugs before any patches existed, official or community. That means I liked it a lot. Anyway, no amount of repairing could amend terrible combat.

It would be great to get something similar as first game was, with better execution. Dont have high hopes though.

Yes, the first one was a Bethesda-sized list of bugs but it was so good than I still remember some of the scenes.
I really want to hope on that one :)

You know, that video had no gameplay and there's like hardly any info out on this :lol:

It was just an announcement trailer. What should it have?

Despite being a big fan of the original game, I'm not terribly excited about this yet. I had to Google this Hardsuit Labs studio because I've never heard of them. Afaict, it looks like they've only developed two games so far, and neither of them were remotely similar to something like Bloodlines.

It was just an announcement trailer. What should it have?

The point I was trying to make was it was just announced, there's not enough info to make a judgement whether this game will be good or not :)

But it ought to be out in Q1 2020. They should be quite far in development already.

World, art and level design was important in the first so I am waiting to see who is involved in the second to bring the world alive other than Mitsoda and Ellison as writers.

Back
Top Bottom