Risen - Various Interviews @ World of Risen

magerette

Hedgewitch
The World of Risen has posted some English translations of various interviews with Piranha Bytes staff members over the holiday period, some of which cover older material. For those who haven't seen them yet, here's a link and snip of a group Christmas interview:
21. Can you tell us something about the amount of NPCs in the game or the number of dialogue lines? How immersive is the world compared to your previous games and how dialogue-focussed will RISEN be? Will we get primarly short and - let's call it result-oriented - chats or do individual NPCs have own opinions which they share with us beside the basic information?

Björn: With amount and complexity of quests, dialogues and characters in RISEN we orientated ourselves stronger towards our predecessors Gothic 1 and 2. The size of the settlements of the individual guilds is similar, too. We set ourselves to make any character in the world unique and with an own personality. The player will meet important characters on several occasions throughout the chapters of our story and develop a personal relationship to them. The goals and intentions of the characters in RISEN are strongly reflected by the quests and dialogues of the respective guild that the player joined. He has to master those guild-quests to advance into the next chapter of the story.
There's also a series of informational interviews that ask the developers the usual questions on their personal backgrounds and experience here.
More information.

Hoopefully they have hired a decent person to translate it to english, quite a few amusing english bloopers in that one segment there.

Maybe it's just me, but the fanbase really asked a lot of boring questions in this Q&A.

Maybe they tried to come up with something which could actually be answered. So far no big feature article about Risen has been printed. Print has priority over web.

Maybe it's just me, but the fanbase really asked a lot of boring questions in this Q&A.
If you come up with anything interesting and that can be answered you're welcome to give it a try.

If you come up with anything interesting and that can be answered you're welcome to give it a try.

So... you're saying it's ok to open the floodgates? :biggrin:

So... you're saying it's ok to open the floodgates? :biggrin:
Yeah,but try to ask new questions,I think most of the things they could tell us are answered.

Yeah,but try to ask new questions,I think most of the things they could tell us are answered.

I really have no idea what the developers can and cannot tell us about. So I'll just think of a question and post it here. I'll try to think of a question that hasn't been asked already by looking over the english translation of the referenced Q&A link in this thread again.

Ok here's my question:

What can be said about interacting with objects in the gameworld (think ultima 7 and/or Arx Fatalis)? Will this type of feature be included? Will it be expanded from what was offered in G1-G3 (ie: creating potions, cooking raw meat into cooked meat, forging weapons) or will it be about the same or scaled back? Will interaction include the players ability to change structures (ie burn down a house) or even the landscape (ie an earthquake creates a chasm) during the course of the game?

You're welcome to post your question in Bug Me Question and Answer thread in the WoR forum. Ralf comes quite often to answer the questions of the fanbase.

Ok here's my question:

What can be said about interacting with objects in the gameworld (think ultima 7 and/or Arx Fatalis)? Will this type of feature be included? Will it be expanded from what was offered in G1-G3 (ie: creating potions, cooking raw meat into cooked meat, forging weapons) or will it be about the same or scaled back? Will interaction include the players ability to change structures (ie burn down a house) or even the landscape (ie an earthquake creates a chasm) during the course of the game?
A nice guy named Powaz has posted you question to The 'Bug-Me' thread of World of Risen.

Back
Top Bottom