Arani - Reveal Trailer

Really like the setting and the music gives me a nice Sepultura vibe.
Do I need another ARPG? Not so much...

One correction it's a 3D hack & Slash single-player game for PC.
Arani is a 3D hack & Slash single-player game for PC, Xbox and PlayStation, in which the players take the role of Arani, a tribal warrior in a journey to save her tribe from ancient mithological power.
There is a difference between ARPG & Hack & Slash.
Action role-playing video games (abbreviated action RPG or ARPG) are a subgenre of role-playing video games. The games emphasize real-time combat (where the player has direct control over characters) over turn-based or menu-based combat. These games often use action game combat systems similar to hack and slash or shooter games.

Action role-playing games may also incorporate action-adventure games, which include a mission system and RPG mechanics, or massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) with real-time combat systems. .
Hack and slash or hack and slay (H&S or HnS; also can be stylized in a hyphenated form as in hack-and-slash, or with a contracted conjunction as in hack 'n' slay) refers to a type of gameplay that emphasizes combat.

The term "hack and slash" was originally used to describe a play style in tabletop role-playing games, carrying over from there to MUDs, MMORPGs, and role-playing video games. In arcade- and console-style action video games, the term has a different usage, specifically implying a focus on real-time combat with hand-to-hand weapons as opposed to guns or fists.
So different but they often crossover sub-genres. Anyway to me this game has a similar play style to another Japanese Hack & Slash game Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Anyway to me this game has a similar play style to another Japanese Hack & Slash game Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Hellblade is not Japanese Hack & Slash game. This game has some basic similarities like female hero or mythological enemies but it doesnt really look like Hellblade.

Hellblade is not Japanese Hack & Slash game. This game has some basic similarities like female hero or mythological enemies but it doesnt really look like Hellblade.
Not apologizing though so let me rephrase it.:p

Correction then it plays and looks looks like a Japanese Hack & Slash game.

Remember now I'm not talking about the setting but it's mechanics.

You will not change my mind either.:biggrin:

Looks like an interesting Action game and it's always cool to see stuff from Brazil but I'm not really sold yet on the RPG part.

Back
Top Bottom