Alrik Fassbauer - are you ok?

Alrik is alive and kicking. I was also wondering about his whereabouts a few days ago and a quick search on the SWTOR forums confirmed that he is doing well :) .

Here…

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/dat...7U8izpwMAAI1o/f7pG3cv3H6Nn6E1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Is somebody here, who has an account on the SWTOR forums? If yes, could you send Alrik a PM there or answer to a post in a thread, where he is active? If he has moved there, he will not see PMs or posts on Rpgwatch.

TBH, I almost left maybe 5 years ago because of the one or two of those now on the "gone" list (whom shall remain nameless) because of the constant harassment they gave me whenever I expressed something.

I ended up realizing that once again I was maybe getting too involved with internet concerning people I only really knew on the internet.

When they left on their own, probably due to their own actions of not being able to do that themselves and burning themselves out, I felt justified. Somehow I am still here.

Yeah, I've always thought of Alrik as just a SWTOR guy, not really a forum member; at least for the last several years. The same thing with Corwin, Aletys and those guys. They're not really members of RPGWatch, they're players of a game that happen to post almost exclusively about said game, at this site. They don't really participate otherwise.

Oops, this sounds negative. It isn't. There is room here for all types.

I was active in other sections for a while. Especially while the Drakensang games were running. But that publisher died, & I haven't been playing a lot of other games recently. Many of the new games have game mechanics that annoy me (3D perspective, turn based battles, etc), or are so buggy that I refuse to play them until they've been out for a couple of years (eg: Bethesda games) so I don't have to restart my game every time they come out with a patch.

So while I do check the Watch for info on new games, I'm mostly playing one game right now, and have nothing to post elsewhere.

I was active in other sections for a while. Especially while the Drakensang games were running. But that publisher died, & I haven't been playing a lot of other games recently. Many of the new games have game mechanics that annoy me (3D perspective, turn based battles, etc), or are so buggy that I refuse to play them until they've been out for a couple of years (eg: Bethesda games) so I don't have to restart my game every time they come out with a patch.

So while I do check the Watch for info on new games, I'm mostly playing one game right now, and have nothing to post elsewhere.

Yep, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's why I posted an edit. At first it seemed like my post made you guys seem unwelcome, and who am I to even have an opinion on that ;)

To be honest, as we get less and less pure rpgs on this site, my own number of posts is invariably falling. I could care less about most of the hybrid games (jrpgs, strategy, mmo, co-op, etc). I play single-player crpgs.

Even my beloved Bethesda is slowly moving away from rpgs and into some type of blended game. Fallout 4 is as much sims and builder as it is rpg. In fact, I'd say it is more of a builder game than anything; though it is mostly optional. It's why I've been mostly playing Skyrim for the last couple years.

Similar to Aletys here. Don't have much time to play + not many games interest me anymore. Coupled with some life crisis (be healthy everyone, you lose health, you lose everything).

I find myself keep going back to small selection of old titles over and over (BG2, IWD1, NWN modules, Stardew Valley) so can't really participate in discussions. Really want something new to grab my attention but not happening so far. Hoping The Witcher 3 will (still saving up to buy a new graphics card).

Oh, I didn't see this thread until now.

Well, I'm back. ;)

Back
Top Bottom