Eschalon: Book I - 10 Years old and FREE now!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Eschalon: Book 1 is 10 years old and you can get it for free now:

Eschalon: Book I is 10 years old, and now FREE!

2017 marks the 10th anniversary* of the release of Eschalon: Book I, and to celebrate we are giving it away! Yep, it’s free, now and forever! You can download the full, pre-registered copy here or through GoG or Steam**. As if this cake needed any more frosting, Book II and Book III have been reduced in price, too.

Thanks for 10 great years! It’s been an awesome adventure, and we are looking forward to what the next 10 years brings.

* Technically, Book I was released in November 2007, but we wanted to celebrate now.
** As of this writing, Steam was having trouble digesting the new prices (FREE?!? Have you gone mad?!?). It may be a day or so before you see those prices change.
More information.

Has it really been 10 years? I remember this being one of the first indie RPGs I was interested in, and once it launched it was as good as I hoped it would be (maybe a little too slow paced for my taste). I highly recommend this for anyone who wants a good solo turn-based RPG.

It's free, so get it! I very much enjoyed it when I first played it a few years ago. The second one is good, too (maybe even better than the first one). Didn't try the third one yet, but it seems to bring the trilogy to a rather rushed conclusion and was not received very well.

Great games all three, and if you can score one of them free, well, that's winning. Get the first free and throw money at the other two, you won't regret it.

Amazing, thanks!

i finished the first when it was out (damn 10 years...) now i got it again free on gog. Nice!

Nice one! I've always been interested in these but then I hear they are 25-30 hour RPGs and I end up playing a longer game...

Cool, I am a beta tester for this....anyone remember the interview I did with them?

Nice one! I've always been interested in these but then I hear they are 25-30 hour RPGs and I end up playing a longer game…

I'm not certain they're even quite that long (maybe I missed things in my play throughs) but they're worth playing - certainly 1 and 2.

That's a wonderful gesture by Basilisk! It's also an excellent way to create goodwill in the greater cRPG community. Good on 'em! Hopefully more players will jump on board and try more indie rpgs as a result.

Nice one! I've always been interested in these but then I hear they are 25-30 hour RPGs and I end up playing a longer game…

Then your expectations are possibly misinformed. But why am I not surprised by this viewpoint? :p It took me 54 hours to complete. Take from that what you will; I'm quite a slow deliberate player (rather than an all out completionist) so other mileage will naturally vary.

Book 1 took me several days. What a great game! I got a great shock whenI saw our name in the end credits.

I couldn't get into Book 2. Still mean to finish/restart it though. I don't even know if I have a copy of Book 3.

This looks interesting though

Basilisk Games said:

It might be worth tracking for now.

looks like steam didn't put Book 1 for free :)

Why judge a game on length anyway? I just finished Hollow Knight in 28 hours and it's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, surely the best metroidvania since super metroid. I didn't even notice the time I spent, whereas it often drags when I play a filler rich rpg epic of 150 hours.

Hollow Knight was long enough to be memorable and become a new classic, a new staple of its genre and it did not need a massive number of hours to complete. It should be ok this way.

Eschalon 1 - a musthave, grab it while it's free.
Eschalon 2 - another musthave, cmon it's not expensive, get it already.
Eschalon 3 - a letdown. Maybe I expected too much, but somehow it didn't feel as fun as previous two. If you keep expectations low, you might still like it, sadly, I cannot recommend it.

Somehow missed this one and played Avernum instead.

Eschalon 3 - a letdown. Maybe I expected too much, but somehow it didn't feel as fun as previous two. If you keep expectations low, you might still like it, sadly, I cannot recommend it.

Did I just read this right? Fluent giving a game less than 100%?

Back
Top Bottom