How is 'The Quest' not on RPGWatch radar?

It's an awesome CRPG. I recommend it a lot. Sort of like a mixture of Might & Magic and a bit of Morrowind.

It's also one of the best CRPGs on tablets, for what it's worth.

So if Fire and Ice is an expansion, what are all those $3 add-ons? Are those basically just separate quests?

Also, what exactly are the differences between this new version of The Quest and the classic version? Is there any reason to still check out the old version? I don't see it on Steam.

The old version is defunct really. At the pace they are going all the content will be transferred within 2 years. The devs have stated that they altered the expansions with improvements but the core game is unchanged. The $3 expansions are 15 hour or longer modules according to those with experience with them. The engine is simply an HD overhaul. All new art assets.

Thanks, this looks interesting enough to at least give it a try. It reminds me of M&M 6-8 but with TB combat.

I just started playing ME:A, but I'm going to pick up The Quest for the next time I'm in high-fantasy mode.

It's also one of the best CRPGs on tablets, for what it's worth.

Yeah I agree. I'm slowly working my way through it on my phone. The UI works well even on a small screen, and it has been set up to work just as well if you hold your phone landscape or portrait. Its great if you're looking for a RPG to play on the move.

Yeah I agree. I'm slowly working my way through it on my phone. The UI works well even on a small screen, and it has been set up to work just as well if you hold your phone landscape or portrait. Its great if you're looking for a RPG to play on the move.

Or just chilling away from your computer. And it's still very much a full-fledged CRPG, not a mobile-first/RPG-second type thing.

There was plenty of coverage of it here, which is where I found out about it.
I posted my impressions after I completed it:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35164&page=2&styleid=6

The Islands of Fire & Ice expansion was quite excellent. The game very much channels a highly accessible Might & Magic IV-VI feeling.

Nice review and I too will now go along with the MM6 vibe.

On a side note, a movie producer once said there are 3 movies within a movie
1) the first is what the writer wrote
2) the second is what the director created
3) the third is what the audience experienced

iOS is such an awesome platform for gaming and I already have such a huge backlog but a bunch of new games came out today and I ended up thus far ourchasing the reed by crescentmoon games? anyone played it? I like the pixela rt style. there is even a new adventure game in dyberpunk thst came out something like snatcher called read only memories other m or something? anyone played that? Btw, i really like crescent moon games. the dev has been outting really cool stuff out there almost exclusive to ios with a lot of rpgs and games like morphite.

w00t! I played this when it first released on Steam and then picked up Fire and Ice. I'll definitely be grabbing all the expansions tonight and starting this over. I loved The Quest!

I also chatted this up a lot when it came out, so we definitely covered the game at the time.

Yeah I seem to remember that when I was playing this game two or three years ago that I wasn't the only one on these forums chatting about it. Overall it made a nice, positive impact and I'll be grabbing all the expansions at some point and jumping back into this world.

What I wanna k ow is why no one on here talks about Oceanhorn. Have any of you guys experienced this game on the iPad Pros glorious large display? It feels amazing. Like out of this world zelda. ive never played it beofre but saw it displayed in an apple store and want to gt it. only breath of the wild maybe aurpasses it but it has to be the bets type of game axtion rosg besides it. how can you guys not be excited about mobile gaming with such titles?

I think it would be 1.5 right? Events take place between 1 & 2. Doesn't look like its been released in the US AppStore anyway just checked.

there is jsut a lot of stuff thst a lot of people on here just dont know about thsts happening in the rpg game world I mean.

Thanks to this thread I tried in on Android. I'm about ~5 hours in and I think it's a great old school rpg.

Agreed. I'm in one of the low level expansions now trying a new melee character and its surprisingly fun. There is no such thing as a simple dungeon in this expansion. Its all hidden walls and puzzles. Nothing outrageously difficult but tricky in places.

Back
Top Bottom