Graveyard Keeper - Medieval Graveyard Sim

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports on medieval graveyard management sim Graveyard Keeper which will be coming out sometime in 2018.

[...]

The trailer shows charming pixel art style, not unlike Stardew Valley’s - just significantly more macabre. Instead of farming crops, you’re conducting autopsies and planning burial plots, but it looks like there’s still a social element to the game. However, this is also quite a bit more grim this time around, as we're treated to a burning at the stake at the behest of the local inquisitor, and at one point, an overworked gravedigger can be seen hurling a corpse into the river.

Lazy Bear is publishing Graveyard Keeper with tinyBuild Games, and it should be out later this year. You can check the game out on Steam.
About This Game

Graveyard Keeper is the most inaccurate medieval cemetery management sim of the year. Build & manage your own graveyard while finding shortcuts to cut costs, expand into entertainment with witch-burning festivals, and scare nearby villagers into attending church. This is a game of capitalism and doing whatever it takes to build a thriving business.

• Face ethical dilemmas. Do you really want to spend money on that proper hotdog meat for the festival when you have so many resources lying around?
  • Gather valuable resources & craft new items. Expand your Graveyard into a thriving business, go ahead and gather valuable resources scattered in the surrounding areas, and explore what this land has to offer.
  • Make business alliances. These dead bodies don't need all that blood, do they? Why not sell it to someone who can put it to good use. Same for body parts. Hey, it's being efficient with recycling!
  • Explore mysterious dungeons. No medieval game would be complete without these. Take a trip into the unknown and find useful new ingredients which may or may not poison a whole bunch of nearby villagers. Capitalism.

More information.

Well, I never played Stardew Valley because it looks a little too saccharine for my tastes. But this I might try... I like the darker humour and the pixel art is quite good tpp. Any chance your "clients" come back to eat you? =)

Good music, nice UI design. Art is going to the right direction, watched this carefully.

Management sim, okay, I loved SV so probably could love another similar thing that isn't carboncopied clone...

But is there an epic story to follow inside it or it's just another roguelike trash only this time with a nice skin?

the most inaccurate medieval cemetery management sim

Haha, awesome. They might as well state it up front because you just KNOW there is likely to be a fantical vocal subset that is going to decry historical inaccuracies etc :)

Great line.

Graveyard keepers and crafting are surely two things that should never go together...

Call me when the necromancy DLC comes out.

Back
Top Bottom