What should Be the RPGWatch Award from the D:OS2 Fundraiser

What is the RPGWatch Award for the D:OS2 Fundraiser?

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios offered two options as a reward for RPGWatch. These were:

1. Our names in the game
    The top 10 donors in our fundraiser will be included within the game as Guards, perhaps even part of the same special unit / regiment. In fact they already have a City Watch, with a Captain of the Watch we could name.
    In addition, all those who have donated at least $10 will be listed in a ledger of wanted or convicted criminals that the Watch have been investigating. Depending on the amount of people, there might be even two ledgers.
  2. A RPGWatch quest
    You find someone's old watch, and when you open it, the owner's spirit appears (named by the the RPGWatch Community). Talking to the spirit is the beginning of a unique side quest that will nod to RPGWatch and its community.
So, which one should it be?

This poll is not anonymous as I want to see who voted, just to see if it makes sense to add more weight to the votes of those who actually donated.

I can't say I care too much, but the quest sounds a lot more interesting than the name thing.

Especially now that I'm no longer in the top 10 ;)

I'll dream of a quest written by CA thus will vote on that option.
Although it's improbable and although the guards&ledgers thing doesn't sound bad at all.

I just thought I'd add that I do think it's appropriate to reward those in the top 10.

Perhaps we can do that in some other way?

The ghost should be named Hidden X.

One additional idea is to possibly to establish a 'Watch lore as begun by Dhruin, Myrthos, Moriendor and company as in the first game. :) I like the idea of an ongoing story connecting the 'Watch to some manner of historical/arcane quest which explores its roots from back in the early days.

Given that Divinity: OS2 has origins as an overarching theme, this would conceptually tie in well at least.

In any case, we've definitely got to weave some kind of narrative for our intrepid Elder Spy in there somewhere, given his recent adventures on behalf of the 'Watch. (He also came out on top donor wise and is a true ringleader in enthusiasm for the game.) :)

How about adding a book that contains one of those threads in the political/religious section...would make a good laugh for everyone playing the game.

The first option is interesting
but the quest looks even sweeter

I think the quest idea sounds very cool. That said, "hidden x" is a too much modern-sounding name to be in a rpg fantasy game, in my humble opinion.

Tough vote: I personally think that the quest would be probably more fun for everyone but I'm a bit hesistant to vote for it since our 10 best backers imo deserve to have their name in the game (including our precious HiddenX of course). :)

Definitely the quest. Games should be about fun, not silly names.

The single reason I donated through RPGwatch or at a high level was for RPGwatch exposure and the splash screen. The rest was just a bonus. The quest seems like it would be most fun for most people.

I think the quest idea sounds very cool. That said, "hidden x" is a too much modern-sounding name to be in a rpg fantasy game, in my humble opinion.

They could use it in a different way, though - "find the Hidden X", as in X marks the spot. Something like that. I don't think it should be more than a sly wink, or it risks becoming annoying "backer content".

The Elder Spy is a foster father of a certain young female rogue that you can recruit as a henchman in D:OS 1.

The Elder Spy is a foster father of a certain young female rogue that you can recruit as a henchman in D:OS 1.

Nice. I didn't know that. That doesn't seem out of place at all. I'm replaying DOS a bit now. I'll have to look for it. Hopefhlly, The Elder Spy can reappear in the sequel, though I'm voting for the quest. :)

He has appeared only in the description of a henchman in D:OS1.
Normal players won't notice it at all - very subtle.

It would be nice to see The Elder Spy as an NPC somewhere. I think it's a great name for a character in an RPG.

Back
Top Bottom