Elex Slow Progress

Thrasher

Wheeee!
I am running out of quests I can do in Goilet at about level 8.

I've started making my way north to other towns and killing what I can with meat shield Duras in tow.

Still on starter weapon and hunter pantalomas. Saving up attribute points for the last level in animal trophies, so no weapon and armor upgrades yet. Also would like pickpocketing.

So I can flight my way through for a while before I need to sleep and heal. Very little XP along the way.

Am I doing this right?

Maybe I should run ahead and ignore enemies and points of interest just to get to the quest givers...

You don't need all 3 levels of the animal trophy skill that early on. I'd recommend putting a level in "Armor" and "Group" as soon as you can. Those will help significantly in the early game.

You also want the "Chemistry" perk if you don't already have it. That's probably the single most important skill in the game.

At first, it seems as if only the south western region can be done early on. That's actually not true. If you put a few points into either Strength (if you're planning on going melee) or Dexterity (ranged) to get a decent weapon, you can do quests quite a few places as long as it's more or less along the main paths.

Even the ranged bows need strength points added, so yeah, I should do this just to at least use the hunter armor I found. A LOT more points are needed to use a ranged weapon upgrade. There is no gradual upgrade process here.

Find/buy some Elex Potions if you want to increase your attributes quickly. If you have the chem skill, you can make your own which is what I did!!

Armor gets pretty expensive later on, but you should be ok if you already have that many shards.

It goes Hunter -> Cultivator -> Warrior -> Paladin for the Beserkers. Ragnar will give you Cultivator armor when you're promoted, but you'll have to pay for the Warrior and Paladin sets. Warrior was 10k and Paladin 20k iirc, and that doesn't include the pants and helmet. :)

Back
Top Bottom