Fallout: NV 2 - In Development?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech share a rumour about Fallout: New Vegas 2 development.

According to insider Tyler McVicker, who's leaked accurate information under the Valve News Network banner for years, but has begun covering a wider range of companies, including Nintendo and Bethesda, Fallout: New Vegas 2 is indeed in the works. This juicy rumor was slipped into a video announcing McVicker's rebranded YouTube channel, in which he teases upcoming info on a number of subjects, including the Switch Pro, Mario and Zelda's anniversaries, Back 4 Blood, Obsidian's new RPG Avowed, and more. So yeah, we'll all be keeping an eye on his channel going forward - check out the video, below.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Not my favorite of the Fallout productions, but I'm pretty sure I'd play a sequel to the first, assuming it's like the prior game and nothing like Fallout four.

I expect FNV2 in the latter half of this decade. I expect TES6 in 2026-7. I expect anything close to a Fallout 5 in the 2030s. Starfield is next, and even that needs another year or two.

Oh boy... :'( :'( :'(

Fallout could use a few years of hiatus. Though, I doubt it will change into something I like again.
Somehow I dread what TES 6 will be. One can just hope they learned *something* from earlier disasters...

Somehow I dread what TES 6 will be.

I'm with you there. When you look at what they've been up to, with their premium mod platform, Fallout 76, etc, I fear they will try to make it some sort of controlled ecosystem. Todd Howard made some interesting remarks about how it's unfortunate their past games were released, and then there was no longer any "relationship" with the community as it develops. I'd have a small wager they'll do something displeasing.

Would be cool if they abandoned Vegas and went to revisit some of the locations from F1 and F2! Although I’ll happily settle for some dice rolling on the Strip, if that is to be the case.

Last edited:
I'd actually prefer they didn't revisit any previous locations. I'm ready to see some new environments.

If you think about it, almost every location in every Fallout game has either been desert or an urban landscape. The only exceptions are some of the DLC areas.

In before Fallout: Atlanta!
To be honest the Mojave was a better setting than Washington in Fallout 3, which played more like a Urban Themepark. Fallout 4 was even worse in this regard…

New Vegas had way better NPC interaction than 3 and 4 and the NPC's and even your companions had better storys to tell.

Fallout 4 was even worse in this regard…

It was? In what way? I'm not sure you actually played Fallout 4 if you think it was a big urban themepark. Most of the map is swamps, forests and such. There were a lot of things wrong with Fallout 4, but imo the setting/environment wasn't one of them.

I dunno, I guess I should be excited about Fallout: NV 2, but all the latest releases from Obsidian have been mediocre to say the least. I don't know how teaming up with Bethesda will solve this

Back
Top Bottom