Wizardry 6 - Matt Chat 462

It is really fun to play the whole trilogy Wizardry 6, 7, 8 with one party.

I played these game so often, that I know how to beat them. When you play them for the first time they are challenging.
You can make them even more challenging, if you avoid class changing.

I don't class change, period. And yeah, the way to really enjoy these are to play them right in succession: six, seven, then eight, with the same party. It's a complete blast, and you'll love it!

I've never experienced the party import thing. I've only played a bit of 6, and though I played a substantial amount of 7 a very long time ago, I never finished it. Yet 8 is probably my favourite all time CRPG!
How long do people think 6 and 7 would take to play through? :)

Unfortunately I don't have time to watch this right now: is there something wrong with the GOG version if Matt has tips on 'how to play it on a modern system'?

I've never experienced the party import thing. I've only played a bit of 6, and though I played a substantial amount of 7 a very long time ago, I never finished it. Yet 8 is probably my favourite all time CRPG!
How long do people think 6 and 7 would take to play through? :)

Wizardry 6: 50 to 60 hours
Wizardry 7: 90 to 110 hours

Thirty years old. Computer graphics sure have improved. I don't have the patience to play that style any more, but at the time it was enjoyable.

Loved Wiz 8, and it's still my favorite blobber of all time. I couldn't get into Wiz 6 or 7 though. They were just too dated for me by the time I tried them.

In my teens I was strongly dismissive towards the sci-fi aspect of Wizardry games. Its pity this short-sighted attitude didnt allow me to enjoy the series then. Perhaps I should try go back to them when Im next time in mood for "oldies".

If you're even feeling the slightest urge to try them, I'd say give them a shot. Yeah they are a bit dated, but if solid combat and exploration are things you enjoy, you're going to have a good time with these games. And the impact on the wallet shouldn't be too painful.

I was feasting my eyes on the Wizardry 6 GUI, because its so expertly done. Real pixel wizards created it. The SNES-version.

At least part 8 is a MUST.
I did play Wizardry 8 a long time ago with three characters. Ranger, Fighter and Mage. Always wanted to get the full experience, though. Also, the elven bow that you have to carry over from one game to the other... I'm not sure about my party setup though. I like to play with my standard characters and in Wizardry I made some (for me) strange choices so - we'll see.

Are there good character editors for Wizardry 7 that let you change class, race and stuff like that?

Back
Top Bottom