Disco Elysium - Final Cut Accolades Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
There is an accolaeds trailer out for the final cut version of Disco Elysium.

More information.

It's a very entertaining game so I'd recommend everyone try it, though it's definitely not for everyone. I definitely wouldn't want every RPG to play like DE as I do love some good TB tactical combat, but I hope more RPG developers take inspiration from how they handled the dialogue. I like what they did with thought based skill checks and dialogue, even though I think some of the skills were a bit redundant…

I would love to see a similar approach used in a fantasy or sci-fi RPG. Imagine a cleric or paladin having an internal dialogue with their deity. Or a cyborg debating between the cold rationality of their cybernetics vs. what remains of their human emotions. I'm actually a bit disappointed that the developer is planning a sequel in the same universe when there's so many interesting possibilities. I'm sure it will probably still be fun though.

I must be part of the not for everyone as the game does nothing for me. Seriously I read the praise from journalists and members on this forum, but I just don't like it.:(

Back
Top Bottom