Solasta - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Dungeons & Dragons RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister has been released:

Solasta 1.0 Full Launch - We're finally there people!

Hey there folks,

This is it. A little more than a year and a half after our Kickstarter and 7 months of Early Access, we're finally there - Solasta 1.0 is now available on PC. Now the only question that remains is... Are you ready?

Solasta 1.0 - Available now!

Solasta is finally 100% content complete and ready to be enjoyed by everyone out there. You will be able to play the entire main campaign as well as experience all the sidequests we've prepared for you!
Here is what you can expect from Solasta 1.0:

• A full epic campaign that will take you from level 1 to 10
  • A large amount of sidequests to enrich and gear up your party
  • Several new and exotic environments filled with dangerous monsters
  • A full orchestral upgrade of Solasta's Original Soundtrack
  • Many improvements requested by the community
  • Less bugs, more stability, better performance
  • A sizeable update to the Dungeon Maker (still in beta) with 3 completely new environments, new monsters and new gadgets that we'll go into more details below
  • The 1.0 version is compatible with saves from the March Spring Update, however we do recommend to start fresh to ensure you get the final launch experience of Solasta!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Oh, yes! Today I will spend a few hours in char gen and next week I only have a 3-day week. That loooong weekend will be spent with Solasta!

The text is tiny with no scaling, and lowering the resolution has no effect. :(

The text is tiny with no scaling, and lowering the resolution has no effect. :(

That sucks. I don't remember it being an issue in the EA, but it's been a long time since I played it. Between that and what Redglyph mentioned about the music, I think I'll wait until at least the first patch before starting. Hopefully enough people talk about it that the devs make an adjustment.

My eyes aren't great. Maybe you won't have a problem, but I did see I'm not the only one to complain about it.

My eyes are horrible but I only use a 1920X1080 monitor. I didn't notice any issues back in January, but that was a couple updates ago.

3.1 hours played, five achievements already earned, total progression in the adventure: Watched the opening cut-scene.

Feels good man.

What resolution are you running the game at @Capt. Huggy Face;? Perhaps they're not scaling the fonts, I'd check with them on Discord (or report that in their forums).

That sucks. I don't remember it being an issue in the EA, but it's been a long time since I played it. Between that and what Redglyph mentioned about the music, I think I'll wait until at least the first patch before starting. Hopefully enough people talk about it that the devs make an adjustment.
The main theme can be listened to here, it's probably very subjective: https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/solasta--crown-of-the-magister-1593/news.html#45564

Installing off gamepass now:)

Not installing off gamepas as I actually supported the developer on kickstarter. :p

Anyway glad we can now talk about the release version as it's officially released.

Not installing off gamepas as I actually supported the developer on kickstarter. :p

Anyway glad we can now talk about the release version as it's officially released.

You do know that by playing it on there they also get supported;) I mean they are not doing this for free.:p

You do know that by playing it on there they also get supported;) I mean they are not doing this for free.:p
They get a small percentage/ package deal from Microsoft that's it.

Developer makes more off other online sellers.

They get a small percentage/ package deal from Microsoft that's it.

Developer makes more off other online sellers.

No it's not a one size fit all deal...depends on the game/developers....they have said they make different deals depending on a few factors. These guys obviously felt it was worth it. Plus they can sell any dlc to anyone on there.

Keep paying your $15 I'm sure that pays the employees.:biggrin:

Well, love the character creation, nice and clean easy to understand.

Some of the game looks very good, but there seems to be these weird quirks with the game, ie while at the tavern at the beginning there is talking then the voices stop and its just text I am not sure if that is just a budget thing or a bug.

Character models are ok, I never checked the res it was running in, but they seem a bit basic. The first dungeon looks incredible and the user interface is great.

Liking it so far...but weird having a 4 person party.

Yeah, that's not as bad (imo) as you made it out to be. Maybe you just don't like drums. :)

Yeah, the first few seconds give me a proper Baldur's Gate feel and that is enough for me.
Apart from that I like it overall, too.

Back
Top Bottom