Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Available on Steam September 22nd

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun reports that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will be available on Steam September 22nd. The game has previously been exclusively available on Epic Game Store.

"We know it hasn't been fun waiting--it hasn't been fun for us, it definitely hasn't been fun for you," Double Damage say. "There's been a lot of things happening behind the scenes we're not able to really elaborate upon, but know we have been pounding away on all the things needed to launch a title on consoles." According to the rest of their announcement post, it sounds like a combination of Covid-19 pandemic problems and personal matters have exacerbated the process.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I've completely forgotten about this game. As I stopped following after it was announced to be an Epic limited time exclusive release. So for those that did is it good?o_O

I've completely forgotten about this game. As I stopped following after it was announced to be an Epic limited time exclusive release. So for those that did is it good?o_O

The number of replies to your question could be a good explanation to their 'We know it hasn't been fun waiting--it hasn't been fun for us'.

That Epic store exclusive looks more and more like a Deluxe Early Access before a full release to Steam.

Bless their wee hearts.

Finally!! A REAL game is available on Steam!
MUSTHAVE
MUSTPLAY©
AMAZINGNESS!®

EPIC made sure this game is already patched, community feedbacked & fixed. :)
I'm curious, how many bugs will Steam users find?

@Couchpotato;, @Kos;

I bought it and played it last winter. It was pretty fun, but got really repetitive after a while. I personally liked the old game more.

About the bugs: I encountered just one that I can remember, where I killed all opponents but the quest refused to finish. So I had to replay it, which was annoying.

@Couchpotato, @Kos

I bought it and played it last winter. It was pretty fun, but got really repetitive after a while. I personally liked the old game more.

About the bugs: I encountered just one that I can remember, where I killed all opponents but the quest refused to finish. So I had to replay it, which was annoying.
Thanks for the only reply to my question. :thumbsup:

As for me I played the first game and it looks similar. I'll probably enjoy it.

The music in the first one was brutal.

The music in the first one was brutal.

You mean that in a good way, right? I felt the music was exactly right for a space western, kind of like Firefly or Serenity.

I heard that a lot of people didn't like RGO because it's nothing like the original. No more 2D capital combat, maneuvering to get your broadsides on target while avoiding your enemy's broadsides, and trying to face one opponent at a time. Instead you get a generic starfighter flight sim. Or did I get a biased sample of reviews from the crankypants at the Codex?

You mean that in a good way, right? I felt the music was exactly right for a space western, kind of like Firefly or Serenity.

I heard that a lot of people didn't like RGO because it's nothing like the original. No more 2D capital combat, maneuvering to get your broadsides on target while avoiding your enemy's broadsides, and trying to face one opponent at a time. Instead you get a generic starfighter flight sim. Or did I get a biased sample of reviews from the crankypants at the Codex?
Well, it is quite generic. I don't regret buying it, because it was fun for quite a while, but I reached a plateau where I had max upgraded ships and there was still much left. I might go back to finish it eventually.

In the old rebel galaxy I finished upgrading late in the game, so it felt fresh longer.

Then I see this on Steam today: All Reviews: Mixed (65)
I read people's woes in their negative reviews. Additionally the game has microscopic story-subtitle fonts on my old monitor. ::?? WTH?? Whatever.
Sigh..

Then I see this on Steam today: All Reviews: Mixed (65)
I read people's woes in their negative reviews. Additionally the game has microscopic story-subtitle fonts on my old monitor. ::?? WTH?? Whatever.
Sigh..
A lot of people complain about difficulty spikes and ambushes when already weak, which is annoying, but manageable. It was pretty similar in the first game, except the first game was easier, so the ambushes were the only parts which sometimes were hard. To me it is a small issue, because it is possible to learn how to fight most opponents even if outnumbered.

The bigger issue to me is that it becomes too repetitive, and therefore a bit dull.

About the fonts: I have sucky eye sight, but I use glasses, so it's also not a problem to me. Do you have some sort of problem with your eyes which isn't possible to fix with glasses?

Back
Top Bottom