FO: Other Bethesda suiing makers of Behaviour over Fallout Shelter

Any other Fallout game

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Last edited:
Behaviour can't exactly have stolen code they made themselves…while the article says "part of the game" the court document says Behaviour did the entire implementation of Fallout Shelter but the initial design.

I'm surprised Bethesda didn't bother suing them over Assassin's Creed Rebellion…

And for people wondering "I though Bethesda Montréal made Fallout Shelter". That studio was made by a manager of Behavior who "left" with ~40 devs… ;)

Why would anyone want to steal Bethesda's code? :biggrin:

Why would anyone want to steal Bethesda's code? :biggrin:

The only claim Bethesda has to "they used the same code" outside of "look at it, it's a clone" is that the Westworld has similar bugs to what Fallout Shelter had at release. lol

The only claim Bethesda has to "they used the same code" outside of "look at it, it's a clone" is that the Westworld has similar bugs to what Fallout Shelter had at release. lol
Just another ordinary day for Bethesda as it's not the first time they sued over something, but in this case the sued developer worked on Fallout Shelter for them.
In the suit, Bethesda asserts that it paid Behaviour in 2014 to develop parts of Fallout Shelter and now claims that studio used some of the designs, artwork, and code commissioned for that game to help create Warner Bros. newly released Westworld mobile game.
So we'll see but this does raise red flags.

Unless it's entertainment, I tend to shy away from Kotaku "news". They like to focus on extreme left sensationalized click-bait:

34f09c11a8797b589a0c691db71ab72e.jpg

So we'll see but this does raise red flags.

I agree

But it comes down to the question of what is truly copyrighted - the code or the look and feel. The look and feel for sure. Just camping on a trademarked name for a website is enough for the courts - even if you registered it with your own money.

As for code, I think it comes down being able to prove it and in this case there are signs of it all over the place.

OTOH, this sort of thing happens all the time. When does a developer not reuse their own code or their own techniques to develop it?

I'm pretty sure they can't sue over "look & feel" since there were previous suits over this - I think it was a lawsuit around Candy Crush and a previous game that it ripped off right down to the similar style and actual levels. Hence the mis-reuse of code argument.

Back
Top Bottom