Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Regularly

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frequently

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Always

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I put sometimes but these days it's never.

I used to do a fair amount of co-op gaming (never RPGs, never would) and some Rocket League, and years of MMO love/addiction, but don't really have time to commit these days and my co-op crew is scattered/busy these days. I enjoy good co-op, but just can't do it.

Not only do not care for MP that much, I really wish certain SP games would just stay SP. ESO and 76 as the prime examples. Always thought both might be cool with optional self-hosted co-op, not vomit inducing MMO style.

Played some MMO back in the day (mostly DaoC), but now, never. Partly because I cannot play regularly enough, but mostly because I don't want other people messing up my flow.

The exception is if I'm playing console games with friends or family, but that's a different thing.

Around 2000 or 2001 I started with MMOs: UO, AO, DAoC, SB, NC CoH, WoW...and many more acronyms...

But then about 2015 or so I switched back to singleplayer games almost exclusively. Mostly for two/three reasons:
1. I started doing LPs and let's say that Singleplayer works better for me there.
2. Even when playing MMOs I already stayed solo a significant amount of the time, also because I knew I am likely to swap the MMO after a month or two again. I like seeing various games with various mechanics rather than sticking to the same. And in that regard SinglePlayer games which have a start and a clear end are much preferable.
3. Maybe not as important but I also like challenges. Multiplayer games definitely have challenges and competitive multiplayer has stronger challenges than any singleplayer game can have, but usually you need to spend tons of time to even get there, and then tons of time to be able to compete. But you can't just jump in and feel like you have to solve some puzzles, solve some challenging combats. Single Player games are much better in that regard.

The most fun I have playing games, beside solo, is with friends and family.So I voted sometimes,most of the time I play solo but when the friends or family wanna play a game I will jump in and have some fun.....

I played a lot of Battlefield 1942 in 2002-3 but then I started playing Morrowind and Gothic. Haven't play on line since.

Sometimes, but only in MMORPGs with people I know. Rarely PUGs, but that's not totally ruled out.

I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer. In most games I find it much too stressful. The only ones I've been able to play relaxed are arena shooters like Quake, where dying and getting back in the action is very short.

I'm not much of an MMO fan either, but I did like exploring WoW's areas for a time.

Another reason I'm not a fan of multiplayer games is that they usually require synching with other people, and finding out when they have time to waste. It was a lot easier as a kid, but as an adult it's almost impossible since everyone has responsabilities.

I played multiplayer in late nineties. (Starcraft, warcraft, diablo, homm3 hot seat, worms, UT, Warhammer DARK OMEN)
Then I played Ogame for few years 15 years ago.
Then last year as covid shit hit my company organized team building by playing CSGO.
This was my multiplayer experience.
Now I never play multiplayer games by choice in my free time.

I like multiplayer because it's competition vs real players not bots. AI too weak.

I think I voted never. It's not totally true. I am investigating co-op games, in particular "Man of Medan", which I got working yesterday. I am happy doing card/ board games that are co-op such as "Monochrome Inc". Prefer team work to being alpha doggy.

If it's a game worth playing, yes, pretty much always. For example, Divinity Original Sin, I couldn't live with it not having multiplayer/coop. Something like Dark Souls I'd love to coop, but the way it's implemented with having to summon, progress only counting for one player etc makes it unfun to actually try to coop with your partner or your friends, at least for me.

If it's a mmo I just don't even look at it, I don't enjoy games in which random people can connect into my game without my authorisation and grief it. To me, basically, a good game, if it has properly implemented multiplayer, always gets better.

I'm a gigantic fan of cooperative multiplayer, yes.

But it's not always the most convenient - or even the most viable - way to play games.

Also, unfortunately, most multiplayer games are designed around competition - and not meaningful cooperative gameplay.

But, when games are designed with cooperative gameplay in mind, there's really nothing better.

I like sometimes play hot seat in some turn based strategy with friends, but online multiplayer is not my thing.

ESO only and always solo. Tend to pick it up every 8/9 months and play through a campaign or two.

Don't have anyone to play mp with and last MMO experience wasn't pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom