M&M: Heroes VII - Patch 1.4 now available

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch 1.4 is out:

Hello Heroes,

Today we are pleased to announce you the immediate availability of the patch 1.4 for Might & Magic Heroes VII. Downloading this new update should be automatic on both Uplay and Steam.

This patch provides this time again a great number of fixes for the game but we also were able to go further with additional game and performance improvements.

We highly recommend you to check our previous post from the team for more information and before/after benchmarks! Here!

Patch 1.4 top lines:
  • Improved memory management and loading times
  • Adventure map saturation rework
  • Tutorial videos now available and Haven campaign now introduced as beginner campaign the first time you launch the game
  • Option to enable/disable the height fog
  • Multiplayer fixes
  • Editor fixes
  • Various game bug fixing and improvements
Stay tuned for more information regarding future patches!

Best,
The M&M Team.
More information.

Is it in a state to finally play?
Not sure i want to buy it after seen this much negativity on steam.

Wait a few patches more. There are still a lot of bugs left (even new ones added with the patches) and they are starting to change some critical issues here and there. Balance hasn't even be considered for the moment (as there were more important things to fix), and AI is still quite bad.

At least they are doing some progress with performance, especially loading times and memory consumption, and the new visual look with higher saturated colours and a more subtle fog is a very welcome change.

If you are only interested in the campaigns and experience the story then you're probably good to go though.

The German magazine Gamestar gave Heroes 7 a surprising 88/100, especially considering some of the other reviews I've seen. As the general feeling at Celestial Heavens is positive I will definately get this when it goes on sale.

If you are only interested in the campaigns and experience the story then you're probably good to go though.

That is about it. But i prefer a better AI then i hear so far.
Guess i have to wait a month more.

A month at least please because FO4 in 2 days, RC:EE in 2 weeks.

The German magazine Gamestar gave Heroes 7 a surprising 88/100, especially considering some of the other reviews I've seen. As the general feeling at Celestial Heavens is positive I will definately get this when it goes on sale.

I love the game but it entirely depends on what you want the game for. If you (like me) want it for the campaigns, it's working fine and it's very fun. Since the campaign is heavily scripted, the (strategic) AI doesn't really matter, which is one of the problems the game has. Balance is also not an issue as the campaigns are already normally completable as they are. But if you want the game for multiplayer or stand alone scenarios (non-scripted), then that's where the problems are.

Generally I find European Gaming magazines tend to give European games a lot of credit before they even look at the game.

The German magazine Gamestar gave Heroes 7 a surprising 88/100, especially considering some of the other reviews I've seen.
I find that really surprising as well. If only for the technical disaster this game didn't deserve more than 60 (at release at least). But probably reviewers have good enough machines that prevent them suffer the same issues than the rest of us mortals.

It would also be interesting to know if their review is based on the initial release or patched game, because minutes of AI turns is not something that should be overlooked in a review. Unless they base it only in the campaign of course, which is more than probable.

It would also be interesting to know if their review is based on the initial release or patched game
The review was done at September 28th. So it must be the release version.
Btw. it additionally won two awards: "Award for extraordinary game design" and "Gold-Award: editorial team's recommendation"

Back
Top Bottom