Dark Envoy - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dark Envoy is described as a non-linear RPG which offers free world exploration and an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy.

As the Human Empire fights for dominance against the remnants of the Old Races, Dark Technology clashes against Magic -- neither side is good and just. The strong prey on the weak taking whatever they please. This is total war, where the defeated will be entirely wiped from the pages of history.

Against this backdrop, Kaela and Kiros aspire to repair their parents' broken airship in order to travel the world, seeking to face whatever dungeons, challenges, and riches may come their way. They are hungry to learn how to fight, build, and forge alliances and friendships across the known lands. Together, they search for ancient relics and forgotten places. Together, they look to leave a legacy in their wake...

Yet, their journey begins in blood and tragedy.

Your choices are everything and they can reshape your life in this place, even the world around you. Will you become strong enough to survive the journey and reach the end? Will you find the power to change this grim reflection of our own world? Will your legacy be one of peace and honor, or stained by bloodshed and destruction?

When you look in the mirror at the end, what reflection will you see there?

Features

• Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
  • Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters' personalities and decisions.
  • Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer (specializing in litRPG genre).
  • 15 unique character classes to discover - with the ability to mix skill trees - including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
  • New RPG system, promoting experimentation and requiring frequent adaptation to the new challenges.
  • Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a unique mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before he/she becomes too powerful.
  • High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests, local, and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
More information.

Count me interested. Mildly. The art is good but still-life trailer is not.

Plus I don't care about locking out parts of all the content in a single playthrough just because, I'm interested in inability to have jack of all trades master of everything in a single playthrough.

Simply based on their prior game, I'll be picking this one up, if not the very first day of release, certainly the first week. They did a lot of things right with Tower of Time, and if this new offering is even half as good, it will be well worth playing.

Huh... didn't realize this is from the Tower of Time people - good to know. I haven't played that game yet but it's in my backlog and the reviews for it are quite good. I'll definitely keep an eye on this (even though the trailer was pretty much 100% unhelpful in telling more about how the game will play).

Looks interesting. A bit of tongue-in-cheek steampunk with tactical combat, from folks that know what they're doing.

ToT was well made. I loved the music for the trailer. Need to know more though!

ToT Two!! I didn't realize this was the Tower of Time sequel until I bumped into it on Steam by chance.

I was going to say, this looks like the like the premise of one of the connecting worlds to Tower of Time and the names look familiar. Kaela is one of the Hero characters you play in ToT so good bet its the same character.

Non-linear? Awesome. I've been playing this for three weeks solid now and its Linear story is one of the few minor gripes I have about it. But its compelling and a bit different from your typical fantasy. I'd like to do a review if I have time.

This will probably be an instant by for me!

Back
Top Bottom