The TV Series discussion thread

I watched Justified as it aired, having spent time down south in the US, I found it extra amusing. Pretty sure I'd check out any show with people from Deadwood in it, which is what brought me to this show in the first place.

In another thread I briefly talked about Red Dwarf, a fantastic sci-fi comedy series. It had only 8 seasons during the years of 1988 and 1999 -- which were, however, pure gold. It was revived for a lackluster three episodes in 2008 ("Back to Earth"). Now I found out there was another revival with the 10th season, called Red Dwarf X. Watched an episode and it's just as hilarious as the first seasons. Hurray! :D

And then I found out that there'll be two more seasons, of which the first episode is supposed to be airing … today. Hurray! :D

If you haven't seen the series yet, go and start watching the first episode (and stick with at least one or two more)! You'll thank me later. And skip season 9 -- that wasn't Red Dwarf, even if it featured the same actors.

I haven't fallen for that hype. Reason? Luckily, I watched this when god still walked on Earth (yes I'm that old):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/

Can HBO do this old "mustwatch before you die" unique masterpiece justice? Maybe. But somehow I doubt it.

Original movie's sequel was pathetic:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074559/

And there was already a failed attempt to turn the idea into TV show:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080198

Is it just me or J.J.Abrams became yet another remaker instead of crafting original materials?
In any case I won't be following this show but will check back when it spawns at least two seasons and only if input from people who watched the original movie is positive.

-

Outcast
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4229954

First episode, plain awsome!
Second episode, good, could be better, but a show needs some backstories, right?
Third-ninth episode: drag, drag, filler, drag, filler, filler, rubbish, filler, drag, drag, drag…
Tenth episode, ah, well, okay.

When I finished I thought if they just cut out those boring materials and condensed the show a bit, this could have been a great couple of hours long movie.
Then I went to check it some more if season 2 is in works… Didn't find that but something else.

The author of this show is the same author of the same filler/drag rubbish called Walking Dead.
My suggestion: Avoid at all costs! Rather invest yourself into something else that respects your time.

Last edited:
We tried to watch "The Good Place", new sitcom with Kristin Bell and Ted Danson about someone wrongly placed in heaven (though the show avoids the heaven/hell thing by saying all religions are mostly wrong, but this is 'the good place').

Unfunny crap through the three episodes we tried ... and ended up not finishing the third one.

Is it just me or J.J.Abrams became yet another remaker instead of crafting original materials?
In any case I won't be following this show but will check back when it spawns at least two seasons and only if input from people who watched the original movie is positive.

Oh God, is Abrams involved in Westworld? I was looking forward to it, but I find everything he touches to be mediocre.

Joxer, I'm glad to know you're enjoying Justified. It is one of those series which don't seem that special at first, but once you've seen few episodes, you just can't stop watching. :)

We tried to watch "The Good Place", new sitcom with Kristin Bell and Ted Danson about someone wrongly placed in heaven (though the show avoids the heaven/hell thing by saying all religions are mostly wrong, but this is 'the good place').

Unfunny crap through the three episodes we tried … and ended up not finishing the third one.

I think that sounds indeed crap. If a show has that kind of premise, isn't it silly not to base it on real religions which would make it potentially funnier…

Last edited:
Watched ten episodes of Luke Cage so far, it has been pretty good. I'm hoping that at some point he'll meet and team up with Rand, but since he hasn't even shown up yet, I don't think it will happen. If you liked Daredevil and Jones, I suspect you'd enjoy this one as well. The one thing I'll never understand about these shows is why they seem to distance themselves from the movies and other tv show, I would think they'd embrace one another.

Westwood was AMAZING.
I agree, though I assume this was a Freudian slip :p.

That aside, I loved the original Westworld, Futureworld and those five - five or just three? I forgot - episodes of the old TV series, so I'm naturally looking forward to this one. I mean ... robots!!!

Westwood, Westworld. All good. ;)

Everyone that I've talked to so far seems to have really enjoyed the pilot, which is a good sign. The new episode of "Shameless" was hilarious as well. Sci-fy or whatever they call themselves had a new zombie-like called "Aftermath" on that was so-so.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
We enjoyed the first couple of episodes of 'Designatoed Survivor' - basically Keizer Sutherland is in the US Cabinet as HUD Secretary, then the capital is blown up during State of the Union and he becomes president (not spoilers, all in the trailer).

Also enjoyed the season 2 premiere of Madam Secretary ... interesting route they took that allows them to mess with both sides ...

Back
Top Bottom