Divinity 2 - FoV - Official PR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, the official PR finally got here. It doesn't say much we didn't already know, other than an August date. Here we go:
Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance – dtp entertainment and Larian Studios announce Add On for PC and Xbox LIVE

Hamburg/Germany, March 04th, 2010 – Aleroth, once a war-torn city, now holds the next challenges for computer role playing gamers. Rivellon, the world of Divinity II: Ego Draconis, is still not safe. In Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance, the game’s official add on, players must face the evil once more.
Soon they’ll recognize that many of the characters they met in the main game aren’t who they pretended to be. Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance continues where Divinity II: Ego Draconis left off. "In Flames of Vengeance, the player picks up the story of the Dragon knight and guides him to his ultimate destiny. Along the way several accounts are settled, and the answers to many questions in the Divinity universe revealed. We've also taken the opportunity to give the engine a solid overhaul, improving performance and graphics quality along the way", Swen Vincke, Creative Director and CEO of the development team Larian Studios, explains.
Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance, the official add on to Divinity II: Draconis, offers more than 30 quests and about 15 hours of gameplay.
dtp entertainment and Larian Studios will publish Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance for PC and on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in August 2010.
“Divinity II genuinely surprised me”, “1up.com” stated on Divinity II: Ego Draconis. “I had an absolute blast playing through Divinity 2: Ego Draconis”, said the reviewer of “Zeitgeist Game Reviews”. German magazine “GameStar” stated the game was “the RPG surprise of 2009 so far” and honored it with an award for special “quest quality”.
More information.

Already said this, but I'll state it again: Looking forward to the add-on, and to finally getting some answers!

I guess I need to find the gumption to finish playing with one of my characters. I really wasn't impressed with Sentinel Islands and so I just keep playing Broken Valley over and over. I might enjoy upgrading the Battle Tower but I really didn't like playing as a dragon and the "Flames" part of the expansion name bothers me.

I am excited about the graphics upgrade. D2 was really outdated graphically compared to the current crop of crpgs. I think if the game is priced $29.99 then I'll probably buy it. That's only $2/hour.

I am excited about the graphics upgrade. D2 was really outdated graphically compared to the current crop of crpgs.

Really ?

First, I had severe issues with my PC not being able to handle the graphics.

Second, i couldn't run it as I wanted to, because i had to lower the still to me incredibly fine looking graphics down to a level where everything suddenly didn't look that good anymore.

I seriously won't play it unil I have a new graphics card - or even a new PC.

Which is in part why I love Drakensang 2 : My PC is very well able o handle it (only with getting lower during the display of the main town of Nadoret), and i can play this beautifully looking game without the need tto have to uy a new graphics card or a new PC.

What your complaint appears to me is like what we say "Jammern auf hohem Niveau", translation something like "lamenting on a high level".

Back
Top Bottom