Google EU started a revolution

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Its a good change along with the ability to require a password for every microtrasaction which everyone with Android should have enabled.

They didn't "drop it" but were forced to do so by the EC. All other apps providers will have to follow suit. And it will only happen in Europe (at least for now).

Well it seems Apple wont agree or go along with the EU ruling yet.

Link- http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...rchases__Apple_isnt_playing_ball_just_yet.php

The EU is working alongside national authorities in a joint effort to make sure that games and apps with in-app purchases are marketed to consumers in an appropriate manner.

In particular, the EU says that it has communicated the following rules to Apple, Google, and other app store owners:

- Games advertised as "free" should not mislead consumers about the true costs involved

- Games should not contain direct exhortation to children to buy items in a game or to persuade an adult to buy items for them

- Consumers should be adequately informed about the payment arrangements for purchases and should not be debited through default settings without consumers' explicit consent

- Traders should provide an email address so that consumers can contact them in case of queries or complaints

As a direct result, Google has decided to make a number of changes to its Google Play store, and implementation is currently underway to fulfil these requirements. The company says it should be compliant by the end of September 2014.

However, the EU says that "no concrete and immediate solutions have been made by Apple to date to address the concerns linked in particular to payment authorisation."

The EU says that it will continue to engage with Apple, in the hope of making specific changes to its App Store in the near future.

It won't be long until it doesn't really matter.

Even the most mentally challenged will eventually realise that F2P doesn't quite represent reality.

In a few years, F2P will be like saying "honest politician".

I can't wait - and I look forward to MMOs becoming less like scams again.

Wake me up when they ban microtransactions as a business model.

I already new they weren't free.

Now I'm off for a very,very,very.............. Long nap.

There will never be a ban on that as long as the monetary system is in place. At least, not as long as capitalism is worshipped by those in power, regardless of the massive tragedy its exploitable nature causes.

However, there's a decent chance that a few developers will try to avoid microstransactions, as more and more gamers become aware of the counterproductive nature of supporting it.

Well I have bought anything out of the back of a magazine either, so not sure this should matter.

There will aways be people looking to scam someone and always people looking to get scammed.

This law is aimed mainly at preventing children from running up huge bills using their parents accounts Celtic. Adults who don't mind being scammed will still be welcome to do so :)

Last edited:
Seems that Facebook joins the club or I'm misreading something. The new API (2.1) says this at 9.5:
https://developers.facebook.com/policy
If your game includes mandatory or optional in-app charges, explain this in your app’s description.

Right or wrong, developers are given 90 days to comply.

This law is aimed mainly at preventing children from running up huge bills using their parents accounts Celtic. Adults who don't mind being scammed will still be welcome to do so :)

Well thank god there is another law out there so even more parents can be lazy???? It really has become a sad of affairs on now parenting relays more on this.

I have two boys that are well aware and know that "Free" isn't all free. They also both have PS4's and 32" TV's but they do not have a cell phone. Nor will they until they are 14 years of age and or older.

When did we give up on our children and our rights to "Parent them"?

The world doesn't need more laws, it needs smarter people.

Unfortunately, the UN took away your rights to parent your children when you weren't looking!! The so called 'rights of the child' supercede any perceived rights of parents!!

Unfortunately, the UN took away your rights to parent your children when you weren't looking!! The so called 'rights of the child' supercede any perceived rights of parents!!

Well, …, I guess that is one way of looking at it.

I feel most gave up their rights for facebook friends, texting, fast food and general being lazy worthless parents.

Though this may be a touch subject for me, as I still raise my children old school minus the beatings. I see to many of their "Friends" with parents that take basically no part in their lives.

Funny how I can know what is going on their lives with almost no effort and they feel free to talk to me and my wife about any subject. I do mean any as there have be a lot that have come up the last two years that I wish didn't but they have.

Seems talking to children, having a open door to them and letting them know without wavering what will happen if they do something still works.

Anyways more laws please to govern the mass so the few can also have no rights to choose.

Back
Top Bottom