Fallout 76 - New Game Teased By Bethesda

Bethesda understood the potential of the streaming scene and they managed the unbelievable trick of getting 30k to 150k people to watch a pic stating please stand by for something like 24 hours.

Big event.

Wtf guys we don't know anything about it, let it at least reveal itself. They have the right to build some marketing hype it helps make money.

Going by another forum, someone last December talked about Fallout 76 on 4chan and he said it was a Rust-clone which would make this a PvP survival game.

*Pass*

That's not trustworthy at all.

New engine? :devil:

id Tech hopefully. Although, it doesn't play well with open worlds (at least judging by previous attempts), but that was id Tech 5. They are on 6 now, hopefully it's better for open worlds. But then again, this might not be an open world game at all.

New engine? :devil:
Fallout 4 used the Creation Engine, and I highly doubt they will invest in a new game engine. They own the id Tech engine which has been improved, but it has limitations.

(Not counting how much HD space the game would need with id Tech )

Link - https://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-doesnt-use-id-tech-because-of-moveable-objects
As it turns out, it wasn’t. “No, because of moveable objects [in Fallout 4]. Doom has interactive stuff, but it doesn’t account for hundreds and thousands of little items that you can pick up and move and they’re all individual. It’s not suited for a game where you want to have thousands [of items] and clutter the world with all this stuff that’s all interactive and has physics. It’s just not what it’s for.”
If looking for a comparable game engine only the REDengine from CD Projekt would be comparable to the Creation Engine. As many engines can't make these games.

Edit: I almost forgot about Ubisoft's AnvilNext 2.0.

Last edited:
That's not trustworthy at all.

Someone name dropped Fallout 76 size months ago and said it was a PvP game similar to Rust which match the "not a MMO but online" comments from today from someone with inside source that tend to be very credible...

I think the guy was trustworthy, it's not like he said anything more than that.

So many people are crying and over what? A 40 seconds teaser that says absolutely nothing about the game?

Fallout 3 retains much of the systems of past Fallout games successfully, they tried something different with Fallout 4 and that is Ok. Can't live in the past. It was still a good action RPG, even if a simple one at times. Still, the survival mode was fantastic.

So maybe wait a bit before crying like bitches?

Both games were utter shit. I don't really know what systems did FO3 maintain from the past at all. Also, it has one of the most stupid storylines ever. FO4 was better designed but the RPG parts were completely thrown away. So yeah, I'm not waiting before criticizing because I'm 100% sure that Bethesda definitely does not have the capability of doing a decent RPG with the Fallout label.

I'd be pumped if it was a spin-off like FNV. Still hoping that might be the case, but I suspect azarhal is correct, in which case I'll skip it.

Both games were utter shit. I don't really know what systems did FO3 maintain from the past at all. Also, it has one of the most stupid storylines ever. FO4 was better designed but the RPG parts were completely thrown away. So yeah, I'm not waiting before criticizing because I'm 100% sure that Bethesda definitely does not have the capability of doing a decent RPG with the Fallout label.

I don't think it's a matter of skill.

pibbur who thinks it's a matter of will.

PS: See? For once I didn't say anything about waiting with with speculations until we know what we get. DS.

If this is a blend of the survival and rpg genres, I'll be pretty stoked. I play a ton of survival games that are online but can be played solo just fine. Adding one from a favorite developer would be candy. We'll see. If it close to release, then it might be dropping at a good time. There's really nothing big in the Survival genre that's due out soon. Conan Exiles released to a big ho-hum and that's been about it.

Someone name dropped Fallout 76 size months ago and said it was a PvP game similar to Rust which match the "not a MMO but online" comments from today from someone with inside source that tend to be very credible…

I think the guy was trustworthy, it's not like he said anything more than that.
Kotaku also has an article up this afternoon saying they know from inside sources at Bethesda that they can't name, that it's an online/multiplayer survival game related to Vault 76, and occurring much earlier in the timeline than other Fallout games (since Vault 76 opened fairly early).

Ohh, now we can collect junk collectively and attack each others settlements, to get more junk to build more settlements.
Will be pretty funny tho seeing how Gamebryo will handle multiplayer. :biggrin:

It's not Gamebryo as Bethesda completely modified the engine to be different. :p

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Engine

Link explaining how it's Bethesda's fault not the engine using Skyrim as an example.

Link - http://peter.corrosivetruths.org/2011/12/21/is-skyrims-creation-just-gamebryo/

Riight…what are they calling it this time? Starbryo? Remember a story while back, Betsy had problems with trying to make a moving vehicle in F3, so they made an npc that wears it as a hat ( the train, that is). I'm not even joking here.

Kotaku also has an article up this afternoon saying they know from inside sources at Bethesda that they can't name, that it's an online/multiplayer survival game related to Vault 76, and occurring much earlier in the timeline than other Fallout games (since Vault 76 opened fairly early).

Hmm...Okay, it looks like it is the case. Disappointing, but I'll hold my horses until the details come in. It is not what I would like, but it could still be interesting enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom