NieR: Automata - Best Games of 2017 @ Polygon

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Charles Webb, Senior Writer at Hangar 13 Games, talks about Nier: Automata and humanity at Polygon:

Nier: Automata’s robots remind us that being human isn’t as great as it’s cracked up to be

The co-writer of Mafia 3 on Nier: Automata

Nier: Automata, an action RPG about weaponized fetish dolls, is one of the saddest games ever made. It is a tragedy riddled with dead parents, dead gods and the death of self. Yoko Taro, the game’s writer and director, has made a deeply anxious game about death.

[This article contains spoilers for Nier: Automata.]

[...]
More information.

Big big spoilers in that article, just like it says. And this is a game where spoilers really hurt!

The game is, IMHO, worth trudging through the poor port just to see the story. The final credits are a blast, too!

Given the success they really should patch the port and make it a decent pc game.

What are the ongoing problems with it?

Given the success they really should patch the port and make it a decent pc game.
Not saying I'd ever buy a grinder, but refusal to patch it on PC makes it the least desirable product in my backlog.

There have been many complaints on steam about keyboard/mouse interface and some performance issues. As a PC player I don't use a controller hence I'm waiting to see if they improve the interface before considering.

Ah, right - thanks. I've just read quite a few positive things about it, even though it didn't initially appeal to me. I just wondered if the PC port was in a really dire state. If it's mainly M&K interface issues, I don't mind a controller.

Ah, right - thanks. I've just read quite a few positive things about it, even though it didn't initially appeal to me. I just wondered if the PC port was in a really dire state. If it's mainly M&K interface issues, I don't mind a controller.

It's not m&k issues, that's the issues left after the fan patch.

You need to use a fan patch to play the game (which fix mostly resolution/graphics issues, not controls) and depending on your hardware follow guides to avoid white/black screens and crashes.

List of issues.

Yikes, don't like the sound of that lot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom