Assassin’s Creed Valhalla - Story Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a story trailer for Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Ubisoft has released the official story trailer for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. In this new AC game, players will become Eivor; a fierce Viking warrior torn between their duty to their brother Sigurd and a personal quest for glory.

[...]

More information.

I recently played through both Origins and Odessey, and I have to say I'm impressed by the recent direction of the AC games. They're genuinely good games. I'm quite hopeful that Valhalla will also be a great game, though the timing (Cyberpunk) could certainly be better.

Also, Eivor is a female name. There's no male version, so the fact that you can play Eivor as either a man or a woman doesn't really make much sense.

No humor in the vid?
Meh.
Also, Eivor is a female name. There's no male version, so the fact that you can play Eivor as either a man or a woman doesn't really make much sense.
Only it does when it comes to PR and advertising political correctness rubbish.

I recently played through both Origins and Odessey, and I have to say I'm impressed by the recent direction of the AC games. They're genuinely good games. I'm quite hopeful that Valhalla will also be a great game, though the timing (Cyberpunk) could certainly be better.

Yes it does. It's basically a cop out for Ubisoft to stop online complainers. Anyway Eivor is intersex and has no gender. It's a shape changer and tied to the gods and Ragnarok.

All will be explained as you play the game.
“I will say this once: this is not wholly accurate.

“And I will repeat what I have always said. ACV’s story was conceived from the beginning with both female and male in mind. When you play the game you will understand that there is no way the male could have been added at the last minute, or whatever version of this story you have heard.

“Obviously there is more nuance to all this, but to go deeper would spoil lots of the mysteries at the heart of the game. But understand this, that we started ACV knowing full well that Ubi wanted to give players the ability to select characters, and we worked hard to make sure that it honored our lore.”

Last edited:

I've tried to get into Odyssey twice now and lost interest pretty quickly both times. Even in explorer mode, I don't like how guided the game feels.

There's something about Ubisoft games in general I just don't like. They've always seemed very gamey to me, and I've never been able to get immersed in them the way I like.

Anyway Eivor is intersex and has no gender. It's s a shape changer and tied to the gods and Ragnarok.
Pansexual, zoophile or both?

Any "practical" use of it in the game? :evilgrin:
If you say yes, well, I might switch the plan to skip Yakuza7 on release and not AC... 5683584.

Pansexual, zoophile or both?

Any "practical" use of it in the game? :evilgrin:
Well whatever you want to call it you can change sex anytime you want. It's not like Assassin's Creed Odyssey where you picked the gender. Sounds weird I agree.

Same with me Maylander. I was always bored with the AC games until Origins, and my love of ancient history has made Odyssey one of my favorite games ever. The defining moment for me was in the party at Pericles' house where I kept giddily calling my daughters over to tell them about the different guests like Aristophanes, Socrates, etc.

I also really like Odessey, but i'm starting to lose interest at around the halfway mark, the amount of shitty quests is staggering. Even in the main storyline some of the quests are your standard fetch/kill 5 bandits. Gets a bit old.
The exploration was fun for a while but not after seeing 45 of the same standard forts and bandit camps. But there are some great parts as well, really liking trying to root out cultists for instance and fighting in the arena. Hunting for legendary beasts and diving for treasure on shipwrecks is also quite fun.

Back
Top Bottom