Anthem - New Bioware Game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bioware revealed their new IP (intellectual property) Anthem (Source: PCGamesN):

BioWare reveal their new game, Anthem

Bioware have revealed Anthem, previously known as Project Dylan. It's meant to be their answer to the MMO-lite, hobby-game genre that Destiny, The Division and others have all spent time fighting over but what we've seen of it gives no hints. See that below.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

"Hobby-game genre" ??? What kind of genre is this ???

Wasn't it mentioned in the Kotaku piece about ME:A that "Dylan" was the project name for that game? Either someone needs to get their facts straight or the people at Bioware have extremely poor imagination...

Story seems to be in the direction of "Terra Nova" or "Wayward Pines" (both TV series)? Then there's not much to beat. ;)

Facebook/Tablet/Console, cash-shop, cash-box, RNG box loot, based abomination genre.

Joxer couldn't have said it better! :D :D :D :D

Wasn't it mentioned in the Kotaku piece about ME:A that "Dylan" was the project name for that game? Either someone needs to get their facts straight or the people at Bioware have extremely poor imagination…

Just like how Obsidian use USA state names for the code name of their projects, BioWare use musician names for their projects internally. Dylan was Anthem code name.

Sounds like an official announcement of "we are no longer making an rpg". I wonder if this is another reason why they aren't going to work on ME series for a while - similar looking setting and all.

Even if is a shooter and not a RPG, looks interesting and hope isn't a MP-only game...

It's interesting that Project Dylan/Anthem was begun about the same time as ME4/ME:A, see the following excerpt from The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development

"For the fourth Mass Effect, BioWare wanted a fresh start…

Casey Hudson, executive producer on the main trilogy, would start a new team at BioWare Edmonton to work on a brand new intellectual property, which they gave the code-name Dylan. (That new IP’s code-name, a source said, came because Hudson and team wanted to make the Bob Dylan of video games—one that would be referenced for years to come.)"

ME:A got pushed out the door at the end of March 2017, while Anthem is scheduled to be released between April 2018 and the April 2019 .

Too bad ME:A didn't get a bit more of the patience that Anthem got.

__

Byeoware. :(

"Socially disruptive design", beyond the wall live with the choices you make..something tells me they're doing similar to Division's "Dark zone"

Actually, I think everyone's wearing a mech suit so they don't have to do facial animations. Cut scenes just show you standing there while subtitles are displayed.

In the mech suit, no one can see you smile. ;)

I thought EA bought Bioware so that they could add a quality RPG developer to their list. Its weird that they now have them making games to be an "answer" to MMO-lite "hobby-game genre" :)D) games like Destiny and the Division.
Oh well.
The MMO-lite / online bit (if true) puts me off. Offline and single player or no interest.

I thought EA bought Bioware so that they could add a quality RPG developer to their list. Its weird that they now have them making games to be an "answer" to MMO-lite "hobby-game genre" :)D) games like Destiny and the Division.
Oh well.
The MMO-lite / online bit (if true) puts me off. Offline and single player or no interest.

EA bought BioWare because they were making SWTOR actually. ME wasn't seen as anything special and they didn't have any faith whatsoever in DA.

EA bought BioWare because they were making SWTOR actually. ME wasn't seen as anything special and they didn't have any faith whatsoever in DA.

The last ten years suddenly make a lot more sense.... :)

Back
Top Bottom