What games are you playing now?

Didn't know the part about the infection (I though it was raw constitution check), thanks, I'll be carefeull and heal my guys more from now on…

A gem it is, and I just learn today that the dev of Dead State worked on VTM Bloodlines. I'm not surprised.

Yep, Brian Mitsoda. He's originally the reason I was interested in the game. And yeah, keep that HP up, and try to heal with Renee or someone with higher Medical skill. That way more HP is recovered without a larger loss to overall HP.

I fired up Technomancer a couple days ago, bought it back in May or June and never got around to playing it. So far it's a bit action-y for me, but I'm enjoying the story and more than a bit curious as to where it will end up. Quite a change from Hero-U, that's for sure!

Precursors has space combat ?

Yeah. You use the mouse to turn, W and D to change speed, and A and D to strafe. There's no joystick support.

If there were more main quest reason to be in Outer Space at all, maybe I would have spent more effort learning it. Outer Space is ugly in this game too.

Thanks. Sounds like an odd game.

Yeah. You use the mouse to turn, W and D to change speed, and A and D to strafe. There's no joystick support.

If there were more main quest reason to be in Outer Space at all, maybe I would have spent more effort learning it. Outer Space is ugly in this game too.

Started a replay of Wolfenstein II, and will move on to the Agarest: Generations of War games next. Never played Prey yet either so I might give it a short look.

Never played Prey yet either so I might give it a short look.

Just got Prey on the cheap, so started playing.

OMG, praise WhoeverIsResponsible for the super-easy story mode!
The game is so dull and unfair on harder levels due to the endless respawning and unpredictable monsters, it nearly killed my enthusiasm.

Enter Story mode, restarted game, and I'm enjoying the immersion, story and environmental puzzles with some jump scares thrown in.
Wonderful stuff.

Vaguely I thought i played Agarest: generations of war on my tablet (or some similar game). Isn't it just a repetitious grind with an end objective at the end ? Or maybe that is the nature of most jrpg ?

I played on one of the harder difficulties (not hardest); and didn't find it unfair or all that impossible. There were a few frustrations points where i had to reload a bit but mostly it was ok - i really liked it but maybe i was a minority. I know joxer bashes it hourly but I thought it was one of the better games that year - and the story was well done but kind of predictable by the end - but that's just myself

Just got Prey on the cheap, so started playing.

OMG, praise WhoeverIsResponsible for the super-easy story mode!
The game is so dull and unfair on harder levels due to the endless respawning and unpredictable monsters, it nearly killed my enthusiasm.

Enter Story mode, restarted game, and I'm enjoying the immersion, story and environmental puzzles with some jump scares thrown in.
Wonderful stuff.

Isn't it just a repetitious grind with an end objective at the end ? Or maybe that is the nature of most jrpg ?
This is true for most jRPGs.
Your reward for the heavy grind is an emotional story cutscene, a new exiting area to explore, a new quirky companion in your party, a new skill when leveling up, etc, etc.

Grind can be good though, if done properly.
That is: it should be quick, simple, and must have just the right amount of involvement to break boredom and make things interesting on the long run.

Vaguely I thought i played Agarest: generations of war on my tablet (or some similar game). Isn't it just a repetitious grind with an end objective at the end ? Or maybe that is the nature of most jrpg ?

This one is very grindy yes. They later made a less grindy version called Agarest War Zero which reduces the story from 5 or so generations to two, and there are less battle nodes (if I remember correctly).

I decided to start anew on Lord of the Rings Online Legendary server that went up yesterday.

No idea how long that will last, but LoTRO is my favorite old school MMORPGs and I play it about once a year for a month or two.

I've been playing ELEX lately and been having fun exploring its world. Having a companion seems to make things much easier through. Not really sure what faction to join but I'm leaning towards Berzerkers.

I'm a big fan of the Berserkers, you really cannot go wrong with those folk. A companion to me was simply target practice for my opponents, and in that regard they serve very well!

After SoF2, played F.E.A.R. and discovered a horrible performance issue, and Steam forums found the cure (Logitech input DLL) - so rather than getting a very laggy game, it was back to full performance. Sailed through that - love the game!

Also restarted ELEX and Bard's Tale IV - haven't finished either before, need to focus on one of them!

Just finished my replay of Wolfenstein II, and decided to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I wanted to wait for the DLC to released but decided to check it out now instead.

Is wolfenstein ii worth playing? The reviews were damning - so i ask… I liked the three previous ones….
It plays just like the first game and not the spinoff expansion. So if you enjoyed playing Wolfenstein then Wolfenstein II is the same just with a different story line.

You actually start right after the ending of Wolfenstein. Also like the first game you have to play it twice to see both different timelines based on who you saved.

Last edited:
1. Just finished Mr. Shifty. Heavily inspired by hotline miami, it is about... well, just crazy teleporting and twitch gameplay with no real story. Never played hotline miami but I was always interested to so and so Mr. Shifty filled that gap. At first I thought it was going to be a little too bland, but it quickly ramps up with some interesting gameplay: mines you can pickup and throw around, catch grenades and throw them back, etc, for total carnage. It gets insane. Recommended if you are short on adrenaline (game is very short too, like one night short)

2. Playing Alwa' s awakening. I never understood the fascination with 8- or 16-bit games these days. It has simple combat, 8-bit music that gets repetitive very quickly, but it is still okay.

Those two games just show that I have explored most of the origin vault. Normally I would not have played them as I try to be really picky to keep the backlog tiny.

Lately I have been in the mood for metroidvania games and I already played quite some of them but I crave more depth in those games. So I was wondering, what are the better RPG metroidvania's? I would say most lack good NPC interaction, don't have a decent character progression, and are just a little too action focussed.

First one that comes to mind is Salt and sanctuary because of the more detailed character system (e.g., has attributes). And Yoku’s Island Express for a more puzzle-like metroidvania, or steamworld dig. I know, I know, are those metroidvanias? At least the internet thinks so, they also include rogue legacy and the likes. Maybe I should broaden it up to 2D RPGs, either side-scrolling or topdown.

Lately I have been in the mood for metroidvania games and I already played quite some of them but I crave more depth in those games. So I was wondering, what are the better RPG metroidvania's? I would say most lack good NPC interaction, don't have a decent character progression, and are just a little too action focussed.

First one that comes to mind is Salt and sanctuary because of the more detailed character system (e.g., has attributes). And Yoku’s Island Express for a more puzzle-like metroidvania, or steamworld dig. I know, I know, are those metroidvanias? At least the internet thinks so, they also include rogue legacy and the likes. Maybe I should broaden it up to 2D RPGs, either side-scrolling or topdown.

Check out Hyper Light Drifter. That's one of the better metroidvanias I've played lately. It's very action oriented though and quite challenging. Axiom Verge is an old-school 2D metroidvania that's great if you want a very Metroid-like throwback title. Also check out Song of the Deep.

Steamworld Dig is a decent game, but I'm not sure I'd call it a metroidvania.

If you like horror at all, try Alien: Isolation. Though it's labled as a survival-horror game, the level design is 100% metroidvania.

Back
Top Bottom