Fallout 76 - B.E.T.A Impressions

Silver - that is just too fucking true!!

It's funny that it's true, but there is multiplayer and multiplayer. This is not what people wanted for 10 years. It's just the vehicle to monetize gamers. What good are emotes after all if nobody sees them?

Be careful what you wish for or you might end up with "Wasteland 3 now with Skype integration"
Don't say that as the game already has co-op.

I just want a GOG release but that might not happen now.

Don't say that as the game already has co-op.

I just want a GOG release but that might not happen now.

I know they already plan to make it MP, but now it will be using certain company services for it :)
And of course players will need ingame VOIP ;)

They have announced already that they will fulfill their prior commitments. So yes it will be on GOG.
Good news but things can change that's all I'm worried about.

Nice to see something I wrote pop up again here. Like I mentioned in the article, long time Fallout fan since the originals. Hell, even enjoyed Fallout 4 to an extent. But this was just...urgh. Whatever positive things Fallout 76 possess, the outdated engine ensures that it doesn't shine through. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't even uninstall the BETA from my system after preview code had run its course.

5.jpg

I literally laughed out loud while I initially saw this in the BETA.

Confirms my 'be-sure-to-avoid' decision on this game. I won't touch any game where I have to run around with a bunch of buddies in an empty world fighting mobs of idiots while defending a base I didn't want to build in the first place.
First, I don't have 'gamer friends' I want to play with. I'm strictly solo. Second, I don't like base building/defending play. Third, I'm not willing to put up with rude, immature A-holes who think it's funny to wait at spawn points to bushwhack noobs.

Games like DayZ and Rust are dead ends.
My first death came at the hands of two guys who shot me in the back while I was at a crafting station after helping the said guys clear an event lol

My first death came at the hands of two guys who shot me in the back while I was at a crafting station after helping the said guys clear an event lol
Cowards they shot you in the back. Both sound like Raider material. :biggrin:

Wait what?
I thought it's fullpriced mmo, not another pay2notplay/pay2win phonegame.

Well if you believe what Bethesda says, "the future DLCs will be funded through cosmetic microtransactions"............LoL

Confirms my 'be-sure-to-avoid' decision on this game. I won't touch any game where I have to run around with a bunch of buddies in an empty world fighting mobs of idiots while defending a base I didn't want to build in the first place.
First, I don't have 'gamer friends' I want to play with. I'm strictly solo. Second, I don't like base building/defending play. Third, I'm not willing to put up with rude, immature A-holes who think it's funny to wait at spawn points to bushwhack noobs.

Games like DayZ and Rust are dead ends.

Fact is, I have been playing this game solo since the BETA started. Almost everyone I know who plays the game, plays it solo only. You can 100% absolutely play the game solo from start to finish if you want, no problem at all. Anyone telling you otherwise is wrong, simple as that.

Wait what?
I thought it's fullpriced mmo, not another pay2notplay/pay2win phonegame.

It's neither of those things. Just play the game solo, no microtransactions necessary. Wow, people are misinformed about this game.

We live in a new age of gaming. Not that many people want to be truly challenged any more. In this era of streaming and micro transactions, most people just want to posture. They want to get followers on their stream, or they want others to ogle their latest micro purchase; gameplay is often lucky to be a secondary concern. The crossover between social media and mainstream gaming is in full effect. Indie studios are one of the last beacons of hope in this highly-polluted market. In general, AAA games just aren’t made for folks like us anymore, and I can only assume that -outside of what the occasional lip service my indicate- the big publishers are just fine with that.

No country for old men.

It's neither of those things. Just play the game solo, no microtransactions necessary. Wow, people are misinformed about this game.
What and who is exactly misinformed?
Please don't pull Blizzard's "you all have phones", you hopefully saw how pushing something to a wrong audience backfired.

mmos are not solo/singleplayer. Just as phone vibration turned on doesn't mean it's a sex toy supposed to be stuffed, guess where. You can do it, sure, but I don't think you should call others who refuse it as "misinformed".

Back
Top Bottom