Eitr - A New Mythological Norse ARPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eitr is a new ARPG game set in a Norse Mythological world made by a small indie developer from the UK called Eneme Entertainment. Lets watch the video first.

Here is the games description, and link to the games website for more information.

"Eitr" is from Norse mythology, it is a black poison substance that corrupts whoever or whatever it comes into contact with. The story of the game is based around the world tree, Yggdrasil, the connector of the 9 Norse worlds, which becomes poisoned with Eitr, spewing darkness into each world.

You play as a Shield Maiden. Like other mortal Norsemen, her fate was to be determined pre-birth by the three fate-weaving Norns, but for no reason other than his own tormented sadistic gratification, Loki, the master of tricks, interfered, dripping spots of wretched Eitr into the unwoven fate loom, determining the fate of an unborn child and simultaneously causing the light to fade from Yggdrasil.

It is our Shield Maidens quest to restore the light to Yggdrasil, or watch the nine Norse worlds fade into inevitable darkness.

The game will contain various locations from Norse mythology, players will find themselves travelling through a variety of different types of natural terrain, dungeons and tombs.
More information.

Last edited:
ain't it sweet?
dunno why there's a girl PC -_-

This looks very interesting. Dark vibe. Challenging,but hope not Dark Souls,masochistic challenging. And will be well balanced.

Professional pixel animation. Tactical battles achieved despite realtime with those shield actions. Unique art style. RPG makes this game attractive. Also they created a cute, dog like hellhoundish attacker, which is a big plus in my eyes.

Looks Dark Souly, which is very good in my book, particularly the real time blocking and dashing - but if they can just add a dodge roll it would be perfect! The pixel art is very attractive as well.

What about quests, loot, world design, traps and puzzles?

Should ARG be APRG (title) ?
Doesn't bother me at all that the lead character is female.;)

Noticed that but don't think it's worth mentioning one way or the other. I do find it a bit odd that there is only one player character in an ARPG though, which also hints that there won't be any co-op or multiplayer, co-op being an option is usually nice in such games, coming from someone who otherwise has little to no interest in multiplayer.

However I was more interested about the stamina, in an ARPG you fight a lot, loads, in fact it's probably what you're doing over 80% of the time easily, so going by the video I'm afraid much of one's time will be spent waiting for stamina to recharge. Not saying it's a bad thing but it's going to limit both the player and design in some ways, negatively if they don't balance it well.

I'm getting a slight feeling of Dark Souls ARPG, which could be quite interesting.

Looks Dark Souly, which is very good in my book…

Just saw your post, speaking of Dark Souls ARPG/hack and slash, here's a nice little image of what it might have looked like.

ac4sRdCG.jpg

Awesome. :)

The pixel art has got a Dungeon of the Endless feel, and the combat is reminiscent of Soul Blazer (SNES).

It will go on The List. :)

(Btw, I'm loving that there are so many badass redhead protagonists coming out.)

Back
Top Bottom