Paradox Interactive - Tease a Vampire Game

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun reports on a potential Vampire game tease from Paradox.

Either Paradox, who these days own Vampire: The Masquerade & World of Darkness publisher White Wolf, are getting into the Netflix & Chill game, or they're they're gearing up to reveal a long-awaited follow-up to the legendary Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

They've come up with Tender, ostensibly a dating site. Whose metadata just so happens to read "Whether you're looking for meaningful friendships, true love or simply a late night bite with a kindred spirit, Tender is here to help."

By the pricking of my thumbs...

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Heard Brian Mitsoda is working with them too. Just a rumor but if so, cool beans.

That RPS article is plain trolling.

Nope, it's pretty much confirmed. Tender appears in the new Camarilla Sourcebook for Vampire The Masquerade tabletop. :party2::boogie::party2:

Only question is will it be an RPG or something else?
Heard Brian Mitsoda is working with them too. Just a rumor but if so, cool beans.
Hmm so that's where he went after finishing Dead State.

Only question is will it be an RPG or something else?

Well judging by the video posted in the thread you necro'd from 2015, they were talking about doing Bloodlines 2. So my guess is it's Bloodlines 2.

Last edited:
Well judging by the video posted in the thread you necro'd from 2015, they were talking about doing Bloodlines 2. So my guess is it's Bloodlines 2.
Yes but I remember Paradox said it would cost to much money to invest in the game. Sounds like someone gave it a green light, but I also wonder who is the developer.

It's easy to tease a Bloodlines 2 - it's hard to actually create a Bloodlines 2, especially after the work the community (aka Wesp&Co) put into it to finalize the first one. I would unfortunately be surprised if the quality of a sequel was anywhere near what we would hope for.

And of course, at this point Bloodlines has reached the stage of classic best RPG ever, so whatever they make people will say it sucks compared to the original.

And of course, at this point Bloodlines has reached the stage of classic best RPG ever, so whatever they make people will say it sucks compared to the original.
Can't argue with that it's called the curse of classic RPG expectations.:nod:

Just look at PoE 1&2. Wasteland 2, Bard's Tale IV, and Tides of Numenera for examples. I even recall a kickstarter called Nighthawks - The Vampire RPG proving that point also.

Last edited:
Nope, it's pretty much confirmed. Tender appears in the new Camarilla Sourcebook for Vampire The Masquerade tabletop. :party2::boogie::party2:

So if I score a Tender date, I'll have to wear crosses, a garlic necklace and stakes, because she can be a VAMPIRE?

If the game is what I've dreamed of, I'll pinch myself to make sure it's real. But it seems you'll have a cell phone in the game, and I thought that GTA V would have been even better in a VtM setting. I know they don't have the resources to do that probably but a large-ish open-world like GTA V with the vampire setting could be really, really cool. We'll see. Either way, I expect they've been working on this for years already (probably since 2015) so I expect an announcement sometime soon and a 2019 release. Day one purchase for me.

Back
Top Bottom